What to buy with $150.00????

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all - "Two chicks at the same time" is an Epic Win reply. You get a gold star!

I agree w/ protective gear, if you are lacking anything. Good stuff generally lasts longer than more low-quality stuff, but watch for deals.

However, looking at my now fairly extensive roster of mods to the bike, I'd rate the Racetech fork spring and fork oil swapout for that much money. If you do any 2-up or twisty/canyon/track/aggressive riding, it's like night and day difference. Seriously.

I did it without removing the forks at all, just the caps and the oil w/ a 12-volt pump and any straight and long (HA!) piece of metal to get the hose way down in the bottom of each fork tube. I had it on the center stand, supported under the headers, so I could (with some help) move the wheel manually up and down as we used the pump.

Do it!

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like my Pazzos, don't get me wrong. And they are very easy to install. I still think the bang for the buck mod is the springs - Wavex would have told you the -1 front sprocket and springs, or just the sprocket.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like my Pazzos, don't get me wrong. And they are very easy to install. I still think the bang for the buck mod is the springs - Wavex would have told you the -1 front sprocket and springs, or just the sprocket.

Now I've got the bug for the springs;)

Dynamo750

Reaction score
Visit site
I started reading this tread saying LEVERS get the bloomin levers as if you have not had shorty levers you are missing out on a lot of bling with the added benefit of the extra feel shorties give to your riding

BUT

having a gsxr750 and a fz6 the front fork springs on the fz6are reallly soft and make me run wide in corners so maybe i would go for the springs first

BUT

I ride the fz6 mostly in town or 2up so yep I would go for the levers for extra control

BUT

It would be nice to get the fz6 up to scratch in the handling stakes[when compared to my gixxer] and hit the twisties

SO

Im off to rob that bank someone mentioned and get both:Flip::rockon::spank:

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget the possibility of braided brake lines and some new brake pads. Extra control is priceless.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Suspension, all the way.

A dollar spent on suspension is like two dollars spent on horsepower.

Go for upgraded forks or rear shock.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after a lot of looking around I found a new pair of Alpinestar Ridge Boots for 97.00 which included shipping. I'll be doing a lot of riding this summer, so I decided some boots were a smart buy.

Thank you for all your input,
Nick

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after a lot of looking around I found a new pair of Alpinestar Ridge Boots for 97.00 which included shipping. I'll be doing a lot of riding this summer, so I decided some boots were a smart buy.

Thank you for all your input,
Nick

sweet find man.. any pictures or a review on how they fit and stuff.. wondering what your going to do with the other 50$.. gas card???:thumbup:

chickwebb

Reaction score
Visit site
Bling is for posers. If you already have gear, treat yourself to a trackday. If you don't have gear, buy gear and start saving for trackdays. Note that most trackday providers will rent you leathers for the day, so you only need good boots and gloves (and of course, your lid) and you're good to go.