What to buy?? Chain+Sprockets

SirByron

Reaction score
Visit site
Just out the door to work not a lot of time to research this right now, wondering if anybody out there has some advice...
I need to get new sprockets and a new chain put on the FZ6, they have about 22,000 miles on them, and now the chain has a major kink in it, which wobbles like crazy, figured I should replace the sprockets too.
The shop around here says they can order some in at 210 w/ tax. He said the sprockets are SunStar steels, and the chain is an o-ring chain from Parts Unlimited, which is $100.
And then I find this on Ebay for 120,

YAMAHA FZ 6 (04-07) O-Ring Chain & Sprocket Kit: eBay Motors (item 110545654037 end time Jul-11-10 20:23:16 PDT)

not sure what the big difference is? I don't see any brand names.. should this make me nervous? Cause it kinda does, any help would be great! Thanks, peace.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd give them a call and ask what brand names they are, ESPECIALLY the chain. I wouldn't skip on the chain quality and get a known brand name. They don't mention the name brand so its probably a cheaper quality product. I also wouldn't get anything other than steel sprockets.

Personally, if their made in china, I'd stay clear from them, I'd be concerned about fitment/quality..

Last edited: