A little ticked off...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So I recently bought a chain a sprocket kit off EBay from RPE motorcycles, seemed like a reputable seller with 100% positive feedback and a decent price. The kit comes with it sprockets (whatever size you want) and a 118link gold O-ring chain (other colors available upon request) well I liked he told so i stuck with that. I stayed with a 16t front but wanted a 48 rear for a little extra jump but not quite a 15t jump. Well I got it in the mail opened it up and all looked great, I had some stuff to do around the house so I put the swap off till later. Well 8:00pm rolls around and I finally get my bike out to the shop and start pulling it apart. When I go to put the rear sprocket on I noticed it said it was a 49t, I counted them to make sure and yup 49t so I was a little upset but not the end of the world. I wanted a 48t and order a 48t and the receipt said 48 so just a little aggregating, because a 16/49 is pretty much the same as a 15/46 and I did not want that. I got over it and opened up the chain and started to install it. I hadn't been working on it to long but I was still in a hurry which was a mistake because I should have payed better attention to what I was doing, but my impatience took over. So I got it all finished up and started to get my real wheel aligned and that's when I noticed it, the chain was too long and I had already riveted the master link....

So I got the box out of the trash and sure enough it said 122link, when I specifically ordered a 118. As soon as I noticed that they sent the wrong sprocket I should have immediately double checked everything else as well, but I was in a hurry and, well, obviously I didn't... So I went back to the order and the receipt to double check it and yup it said 16/48 w/gold 118l O-ring chain. The chain would have been a issue if I would have double checked the box before hand, I could have just cut the links off. But since I was in a hurry I just assumed, big mistake, that it would be what I ordered. So yeah I'm a little pissed off at myself for not double checking, but mainly at RPE for not sending me what I ordered. This is only the 2nd time I've bought anything off eBay and the 2nd time I've got burned off eBay. The chain will be a easy fix once I get another connecting link but still it's just aggregating , because it they would have sent me what I ordered and paid for everything would be just fine and dandy, but oh well, live and learn right. And as for the sprocket, I'm just going to live with it for a while and if it turns out I don't like it I will get another. But needless to say I will never purchase anything from RPE motorcycle again!!!

By the way here is a link to what I bought...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-FZ6-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2318dbb4e4&vxp=mtr

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You should have taken the price to your local bike shop and asked what they could do to come close to it.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The shop I normally deal with when buying parts is a great shop and I'm friends with a the owner and his lead mech but there prices are firm, especially since they knock 10% off the top on everything I buy from them and they had quoted me $180 a month or so back, but they were already closed the day I ordered it. Again my impatience got the best of me, instead of just waiting until the next day and stoping by there I figured I'd have a look on eBay and when I saw that kit I figured it was a good deal and went for it...

I think for now on I will try and stick with the shop unless it's something I can't get from them, or tires. I just have to learn to be patient lol. My impulse buying has caused me quite a few headaches. The worst impulse buy I've ever made was about 5 or 6 years ago, I went to my local Chevy dealer looking for a black regular cab 2wd silverado and it had to be a V8, either he 4.8 or the 5.3 just as long as t was a V8. Well a couple hours later I drive off the lot with a blue extended cab 4wd Z71 Colorado with a 5cyl... Pretty much everything that I was not looking for....

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a bummer on them for not paying attention and/or not caring.

I've bought several items off ebay for the bike and my house, only minor issues. The tool bench didnt come with the tool hangers...no biggie, I had some already. The wp gps case..I ordered for a nuvi standard size, a wide version showed up. No biggie there either, I had to use my phone for navigation and it fit perfectly in the case.

On the other hand, ebay has a great protection plan....file a complaint.

Like the old saying..."The customer is always right!":thumbup:

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
2,267 on his feedback and 100% positive. You have to remember that he's human just like you and sometimes items can be boxed wrong or picked wrong. We all have received item from Ebay sellers that haven't been right or damage but most sellers will do what's necessary to protect their feedback numbers. I bet if you had contacted him he would have sent you a shipping label to return the item and sent you out the new set. First rule is to check your parts before you install. You could have made the same mistake if you had purchased them locally but you would have to come up with answer when he asked you why did you try to install them if they were the wrong parts?

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah that's why I'm not going to try and return anything because I went ahead and installed them, if I would have slowed down and noticed the chain before hand everything would be alright so it's partially my fault as well. It's just one of those things I guess, If I would have noticed it before this post wouldn't be here lol but also if he would have sent me the right stuff this post wouldn't be here so....

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
Um why wouldn't you contact him? :confused: He messed up. If he cares about customer service he will fix it. What's the harm in saying something?:confused:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on letting him know but I don't plan on trying to get it sent back or anything like that since I already installed it

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a used Humminbird depth finder on E-bay, part of the screen was blank (not mentioned). He would not send a close up picture of the unit turned on "as it was already boxed up". Had to go to battle to get it returned. E-bay was NOT much help, contact the seller first. The seller wouldn't respond to me. No Problem, file a contest charge with my credit card, done deal, cost me shipping to return it.....

Yes, most sellers want to keep their stats super high, a couple don't. I've bought other things without problems too. Depends on what the item is, if I buy on E-bay...

Somewhat off point, "Powerlet" makes custom cables. I had one custom GPS cable made without one end. The only problem was the wire was so thin (for a GPS) it kept breaking when I tried to work with the end. I returned it and they re-made the cable with thicker wires which were MUCH EASIER to work with, no charge, no additional shipping, excellent customer service...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
This is only the 2nd time I've bought anything off eBay, and the 2nd screw up. This one wasn't as bad as the first though. I guess it was about 9 years ago before they started all the buyer protection stuff and I was trying to buy a amp for the subs in my car. So I found a nice 800w amp (I can't remember exactly what brand but I do remember that I was a good one and I want to say Kicker) but anyways I bought it for like $150, got it delivered and all seemed fine. Well I took it up to the place where I planed on buying my head unit because they would install it for free if I spent more than $100 with them. Well after everything was said and done the damn amp was fried. The ******* sold me a blown amp...

After that I kind of shunned eBay for a while but I figured with all the buyer protection and what not it would be better now, and for the most part it seems to be.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Most people are honest on Ebay but there are a few bad ones. I've purchased more than 200 items of Ebay from the smallest items right up to some large expensive stuff (Jeep and boat) and have only had a small number of problems but were resolved to my satisfaction. The key is to check their feedback and ask lots of questions. :thumbup:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe your order got mixed up and you ended up with somebody else's order and they ended up with yours? Happens all the time at those fast food places. They simply but the wrong shipping lables on the box.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I recently bought a chain a sprocket kit off EBay from RPE motorcycles, seemed like a reputable seller with 100% positive feedback and a decent price. The kit comes with it sprockets (whatever size you want) and a 118link gold O-ring chain (other colors available upon request) well I liked he told so i stuck with that. I stayed with a 16t front but wanted a 48 rear for a little extra jump but not quite a 15t jump. Well I got it in the mail opened it up and all looked great, I had some stuff to do around the house so I put the swap off till later. Well 8:00pm rolls around and I finally get my bike out to the shop and start pulling it apart. When I go to put the rear sprocket on I noticed it said it was a 49t, I counted them to make sure and yup 49t so I was a little upset but not the end of the world. I wanted a 48t and order a 48t and the receipt said 48 so just a little aggregating, because a 16/49 is pretty much the same as a 15/46 and I did not want that. I got over it and opened up the chain and started to install it. I hadn't been working on it to long but I was still in a hurry which was a mistake because I should have payed better attention to what I was doing, but my impatience took over. So I got it all finished up and started to get my real wheel aligned and that's when I noticed it, the chain was too long and I had already riveted the master link....

So I got the box out of the trash and sure enough it said 122link, when I specifically ordered a 118. As soon as I noticed that they sent the wrong sprocket I should have immediately double checked everything else as well, but I was in a hurry and, well, obviously I didn't... So I went back to the order and the receipt to double check it and yup it said 16/48 w/gold 118l O-ring chain. The chain would have been a issue if I would have double checked the box before hand, I could have just cut the links off. But since I was in a hurry I just assumed, big mistake, that it would be what I ordered. So yeah I'm a little pissed off at myself for not double checking, but mainly at RPE for not sending me what I ordered. This is only the 2nd time I've bought anything off eBay and the 2nd time I've got burned off eBay. The chain will be a easy fix once I get another connecting link but still it's just aggregating , because it they would have sent me what I ordered and paid for everything would be just fine and dandy, but oh well, live and learn right. And as for the sprocket, I'm just going to live with it for a while and if it turns out I don't like it I will get another. But needless to say I will never purchase anything from RPE motorcycle again!!!

By the way here is a link to what I bought...

YAMAHA FZ6 FZ-6 '04/08 CHAIN AND SPROCKET KIT {OEM 530 or CUSTOM} +ANY COLOR* | eBay
you need to give some big a55 feedback to them.

Nelly

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So I went to my buddy's shop and picked up 2 530 rivet links...

THEY DIDNT FIT WTFHFYDYDHETDDTXGXTXBEI!!!!!

Who woulda thunk it that this damnnnn chain would give me so much friggin headache!!!!!

It's a Volar 530 chain but the 530 links I got would fit, they are too big to fit through the links...

This is beyond ridiculous now...

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Color me BORING but I've always stuck with the continuous Yamaha factory chains in the past, and often the factory sprockets as well. :don'tknow:
I usually get 25 to 30K outta 'em, and that's a good time to remove, inspect, and grease the swing arm. :thumbup:
Butt thanks fer the heads up in case I ever buy from this eBay place y'all speak of.

fmf

Reaction score
Visit site
not that it helps you, but I've never had a bad ebay experience. My only gripe with ebay is that its getting harder and harder to find good deals these days.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I buy stuff off of there all the time. Usually from Asia even. I've never had an issue. Well, lower quality stuff, but the "MADE IN THE CHINA" stamp on the side gives that away. And I knew that anyway.

Moreover I usually look to see if I can't find a good deal off of ebay first. Like the exhausts I'm buying for my bike. $265 on ebay shipped, and on the company website they're $245 shipped. :don'tknow:

Ebay purchases are considered private party sales, and you aren't afforded much protection legally. But with that seller's rep, I'd just figure it's an honest mistake. And then you had an honest mistake. With his 100% rep, I'd imagine he'd bend over backwards to fix it for you to keep his rep 100%. If I were him, I'd take it all back except the chain (cause you probably farked it up by now), and replace everything. I might even replace your chain at cost. Rep is all people have to go on, on ebay. And for a lot of people, it's their business.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Resolved...

I went to the dealer with one of the links I cut out and tried a few different ones until I found one to work, the only one they had that would work was a RK rivet link. So got her all buttoned up and took it out for a test ride.

First thing I noticed was how much remarkably quite it was, then I figured I'd open her up. Since the 16/49t rear is almost identical to a 15t/46 I can see why everyone loves it, I just hope I don't have to shift too much on a favorite road now that 2nd will be shorter. Time will tell, but for now i can live with it.

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
i feel your pain brother, ebay can be very dangerous. anything more than $50 i email the seller questions and even try to contact by phone. iver been burned many many times off ebay. id contact him and see what he wants to do. if you already gave him positve feedback............ well then i wish you luck. If not i promise you thats your best bargaining tool!!!!