What size sprocets are you running?

vokal389

Reaction score
Visit site
Im just curious to know what size sprockets everyone has on the sexy FZ's :) I myself have 14/52..:eek:.. yes 52 :):rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im just curious to know what size sprockets everyone has on the sexy FZ's :) I myself have 14/52..:eek:.. yes 52 :):rockon:

My bike is in having work doine right now, and am putting a 14 tooth sprocket on the front, but have yet to attack the rear sprocket...what uis the 14/52 combo like?

:Flash:

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Ok i'm glad this came up.
I need a new sprocket set urgently (saw front sprocket last night :( )

16/46 is standard, but i've heard that 15 front is "better".

14/52 sounds extreme .... but what's good about it?

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Currently I run a 15t up front and love it, the lower RPMs in 1st and 2nd gear are smoothed out a lot, not to mention that little extra pull when I'm taking off. :thumbup: I've got a 48t rear sprocket also but I am waiting until winter to put that on.

14/52?? :eek: Can you even keep the front wheel on the ground? What do you get for MPG?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bone stock here but when I need new ones down the road, I'll start small and change the front to 15t. :D

vokal389

Reaction score
Visit site
The good use of having a 14/52 is that i stunt, my fz and my zx6r. So it allows me to pop faster at lower RPMs or clutch in a higher gear. As for going down to a 15 it will give you a quicker take off, adding a little more torque.

I originally went -2/+1 but it wasnt pulling up in second with throttle alone, so i added +5 teeth :-D I'm happy.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody doing more than -1 in the front (or +2 in the back) and is not a stunter is making a mistake imho... freeway speeds would be a real pain at anything more than -1.... it`s already barely OK with just -1, so I can`t imagine going with anything more drastic than that (except for stunting, or if you never ride on the freeway...).

I had done -1 in the front and loved it.

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 15 tooth front sprocket i have yet to install...14/52?!?! That would be SWEEEEEEET!:thumbup:

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone went to a higher gear ratio for touring?
Seems like it would be helpful on the long highway stretches.
Maybe a 16/40 or 16/42