What RPM?

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
usually 5 - 7k RPM's if i'm going around town

8 - 10k rpm's on the highway

I rarely rev up to or higher than 10k rpm's because im new and its just too fast for the road to use that much power. i'll end up either splattered or with a hefty speeding ticket or traffic violation.

how loud is loud for you guys? i start to really hear my engine roar around 7,000 rpm's, but that could be me sitting on a rocket....how many rpm's is noticeable to other drivers? I don't know if a cop can hear me at 7,000rpm's or not but i always think about that when i pass one and try to keep my RPM's low.

fenell903

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first bike and only put 700 miles before i put up but i shift around 4k-5k. I amy going to work on that next year after i break it in. Then i will see what it can do.:rockon:

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my bike in Oct 08, and its my first bike. So, I've slowly gained experioence and confidence the performance of bike, and in myself. I usually shifted in the 4-5K range and went all the way to 6th. Now I shift around 7-8K and rarely reach 6th.

The bike is very smooth and nimble at this range, and once I get used to it I'll bounce it up to the 9-10k range. I must say, I picked my first bike well. I almost went with a Suzuki.

As far as fuel consumption, I really don't see much of a difference. Most of the time its bumper to bumper on the H1 :Flash:for the commute with maybe 10-12 mile 85 mph stretch.