what oil is best for my electrical system

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
No no no no! You use the olive oil in the Ducatis! Use peanut or sesame oil in the FZ6 :p

When you give birth to things like this you just can''t help but be proud. I think the world will be a better place with a blinker fluid mandate. Keep up the good work people. Perhaps if we infuse the olive oil with miso it would work.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible to get the Yamaha parts for a UK/Euro bike that the passing button built-in? Or is that not cost-effective? Or would it require a harness change? Somebody's gotta part out a European FZ once in a while. Perhaps I should try to find a European FZ6 parts fiche?

I have a thread-appropriate problem with my bike: I think it's overfilled with turn signal fluid. I always seem to have one running when I don't mean to. And I think most cars are very low on it. Perhaps the NTSB should mandate a larger turn signal fluid reservoir for four wheel and up vehicles?

Did you bleed your turn signal properly? Look like you might have some air in the harness. Make sure you use the .5 electron fluid. :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That'd be easy on the Fizzer as the output from the drive is already there.

I've never looked at how the Fiz does the signal switch and canceling it etc. I'd speculate that its purely mechanical but maybe its an electronic latch (to flash) and center it and push and it resets the latch??? Cliff do you know?
If electronically latched, this is pretty simple. . .

Yes it wouldn't be a far cry to do this. The cancel switch is mechanical. I think I would put the circuit at the back of the flasher. Flasher on would turn on the cancel module. Module would receive signal from odo and charge capacitor. Capacitor would charge to trigger cancel where there is no output to the lamps.
Turning on flasher will start process again....:D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it wouldn't be a far cry to do this. The cancel switch is mechanical. I think I would put the circuit at the back of the flasher. Flasher on would turn on the cancel module. Module would receive signal from odo and charge capacitor. Capacitor would charge to trigger cancel where there is no output to the lamps.
Turning on flasher will start process again....:D

But I like the distance idea. Count the revs and cancel! :thumbup: Mainly because it digital vs analog. So many pros and cons. . .

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
But I like the distance idea. Count the revs and cancel! :thumbup: Mainly because it digital vs analog. So many pros and cons. . .

So your sitting at a light and the engine revs are being counted....time....time ....time....time out!

Go with the odo/speedo output. Who's using a cable driven output to speedo/odo? :D

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about using the cable out put but I was worried about the cable fraying and coming apart at high speed. I think you might be able to run an extra circut off the cam sensor, witch would give a better rev count, but if you use rev counts you can no longer rev the bike at the stop lights like all the other cool people cus the signal would go off to soon.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about using the cable out put but I was worried about the cable fraying and coming apart at high speed. I think you might be able to run an extra circut off the cam sensor, witch would give a better rev count, but if you use rev counts you can no longer rev the bike at the stop lights like all the other cool people cus the signal would go off to soon.

I was saying in post #25 that we'd be better taking signal from the speedo/odo sensor.....Not the RPM of the engine because it will be too variable at different stops. If your doing it off movement like you would have off the speedo/odo it would charge an RC circuit equally all the time. So if you set it for 1/8th mile to cancel it will always cancel at 1/8th mile no matter how long you sit at a stop waiting to turn. If you signal a lane change it will auto cancel in 1/8th mile unless you pre-cancel. :D

Last edited:

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
ah thanks for the clearification my brain was on full revolt of all things techincal from work when I read an posted that :D.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put some Wesson in my new 180MPH drag bike today. What a difference. :thumbup:

DSC01952.jpg

Marc