What offer should I give?

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow riders,

I just purchased my 2008 FZ6 at the end of January and have been in connection with one of my friends who owns a small motorcycle dealership. He has a 2008 FZ6 for sale that has LeoVince SBK Carbons & Corbin seat both in perfect condition. I got a great deal on my FZ6 which is why I didn't buy his, plus his has about 12K more miles on it. He told me that we could work out some kind of deal to trade my stock parts plus cash to get the aftermarket pieces from his bike.

Question for all:

How much should I offer him for the parts?

---BTW, this is my first official FZ6 Forum Thread!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow riders,

I just purchased my 2008 FZ6 at the end of January and have been in connection with one of my friends who owns a small motorcycle dealership. He has a 2008 FZ6 for sale that has LeoVince SBK Carbons & Corbin seat both in perfect condition. I got a great deal on my FZ6 which is why I didn't buy his, plus his has about 12K more miles on it. He told me that we could work out some kind of deal to trade my stock parts plus cash to get the aftermarket pieces from his bike.

Question for all:

How much should I offer him for the parts?

---BTW, this is my first official FZ6 Forum Thread!!!

Before you do that do a search on the forum on LV exhaust. There was a place letting them go for a really great price. You might also consider CF cans can yellow and on the FZ one exhaust heats more than the other and changes color. At least this has been the experience with Two Brothers CF cans on the FZ. Do a little hunting because you may find what you need like titanium cans instead and the seat at a better price. Maybe just do the seat?

Edit: I wanna ride that XS400! Hahaha!

Last edited:

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advice Motogiro! I will probably move on getting that seat since I'm planning a road trip this June after I graduate (BA) and head down to Texas to visit with friends. I figure the seat is a must, where the exhaust isn't as big of a consideration.

My original trip was to head across 13 states in 27 days...my occupation would dump me down to part time, so 14 days keeps me at full time. I would have ridden out to Cali, up PC1 and then back to Minnesota.

Oh, Motogiro you are more than welcome to fly out and ride in our -8 degree temps just to hear the XS400 purr.