What got us into moding our bikes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
It always happens
I think I've got all the bases covered for a pole and the first post has a point I should have covered:rockon:
I think next time I'll put out a questioner first:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All of the above and then some! Desire to stand out; makes things better; be different, etc :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't be silly! It has to do with your DNA! It's in your genes. Or it could even be in your jeans! Gene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a breakdown picture: :rockon:
picture.php

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Idle hands are the devils playground...ergo.... it's a evil bike anyway:rockon:

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta do something in the winter!
I'm so bored, and the only thing left that I want to do on the FZ is paint but the shop is too cold for that right now...
So I switched me attention to my 2010 YZ250F and wet sanded and polished the frame... on an MX bike... ohhhh why?! But it looks sick! like a mirror!

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm so bored, and the only thing left that I want to do on the FZ is paint but the shop is too cold for that right now...
So I switched me attention to my 2010 YZ250F and wet sanded and polished the frame... on an MX bike... ohhhh why?! But it looks sick! like a mirror![/QUOTE

I hate to say it BUT the fz6 could shine Too:rockon:
Don't tell anyone I told you.:rolleyes:

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
So I switched me attention to my 2010 YZ250F and wet sanded and polished the frame... on an MX bike... ohhhh why?! But it looks sick! like a mirror![/QUOTE

I hate to say it BUT the fz6 could shine Too:rockon:
Don't tell anyone I told you.:rolleyes:

Maybe next winter lol. Previous owner dropped my bike so I have some gouges in the frame that just wouldn't look pretty all polished up.
Plus it's about 4 times the polishing and my wrists just couldn't take it, and I would also have to strip the frame... Lots of work but now that I know how to do it I might give it a shot.

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe next winter lol. Previous owner dropped my bike so I have some gouges in the frame that just wouldn't look pretty all polished up.
Plus it's about 4 times the polishing and my wrists just couldn't take it, and I would also have to strip the frame... Lots of work but now that I know how to do it I might give it a shot.

Here I go back to the olden day.:ban:
When I was in jr. high 1964 or 95 polished the motor on my kaw 100 in metal shop
It was a thing of beauty :thumbup:

Did you use a buffing pad on a drill,wow by hand would be killer, but you'll know every inch of that bike when your done.
And as all ways pictures please!!!

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get an idea in my head of what I would want a bike to look like,and then I go buy it and do it.If I get a good deal on a bike I will pull up a chair and stare at while I dream up what i'm gonna change.I do this to every mobile machine I own though.my Traxxas Slash R/C trucks are so modded they hardly resemble their stock forms.... :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Voices in my head...:BLAA:
(some examples)

M: "The [Mod] hunger returned to Tim's brain. It never really left."

M: "Don't kid yourself, Tim. You're going to mod again"

T: "You see that, Marshall? That's why I didn't want to do the topcase"
M: "Stop your *****g whining, Tim. You enjoyed doing that mod just as much as I did"

M: "Why do you fight it so hard, Tim? It's Puig!"

You can tell Mr. Brooks is one of my favorite movies

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
A few reasons for me to mod

1) I always loved wrenching on cars and after wrenching on old project cars for decades, I love how you hardly even break a sweat working on the bike. Projects are done in hours not days, weekends or weeks. It's instant gratification at it's best

2) I am happy to even have a bike in my 40's. I feel like I am making up for lost time. I want this bike to be the best it can be.

3) With a daughter who gets everything and is heading off to private school I feel like this may be the only bike I have for some time to come, so why not make it what I want it to be?

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Just since I talked about that polish job...
What I started with
IMG_0120.jpg

Bottom portion is after 600 grit and first buffing cut. Top is still at 600
IMG_0122.jpg

And done!
IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg