What make us want to mod?

What got us into moding our bikes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It always happens
I think I've got all the bases covered for a pole and the first post has a point I should have covered:rockon:
I think next time I'll put out a questioner first:thumbup:

All of the above and then some! Desire to stand out; makes things better; be different, etc :D

Don't be silly! It has to do with your DNA! It's in your genes. Or it could even be in your jeans! Gene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a breakdown picture: :rockon:
picture.php

Idle hands are the devils playground...ergo.... it's a evil bike anyway:rockon:

Gotta do something in the winter!
I'm so bored, and the only thing left that I want to do on the FZ is paint but the shop is too cold for that right now...
So I switched me attention to my 2010 YZ250F and wet sanded and polished the frame... on an MX bike... ohhhh why?! But it looks sick! like a mirror!

I'm so bored, and the only thing left that I want to do on the FZ is paint but the shop is too cold for that right now...
So I switched me attention to my 2010 YZ250F and wet sanded and polished the frame... on an MX bike... ohhhh why?! But it looks sick! like a mirror![/QUOTE

I hate to say it BUT the fz6 could shine Too:rockon:
Don't tell anyone I told you.:rolleyes:

So I switched me attention to my 2010 YZ250F and wet sanded and polished the frame... on an MX bike... ohhhh why?! But it looks sick! like a mirror![/QUOTE

I hate to say it BUT the fz6 could shine Too:rockon:
Don't tell anyone I told you.:rolleyes:

Maybe next winter lol. Previous owner dropped my bike so I have some gouges in the frame that just wouldn't look pretty all polished up.
Plus it's about 4 times the polishing and my wrists just couldn't take it, and I would also have to strip the frame... Lots of work but now that I know how to do it I might give it a shot.

Maybe next winter lol. Previous owner dropped my bike so I have some gouges in the frame that just wouldn't look pretty all polished up.
Plus it's about 4 times the polishing and my wrists just couldn't take it, and I would also have to strip the frame... Lots of work but now that I know how to do it I might give it a shot.

Here I go back to the olden day.:ban:
When I was in jr. high 1964 or 95 polished the motor on my kaw 100 in metal shop
It was a thing of beauty :thumbup:

Did you use a buffing pad on a drill,wow by hand would be killer, but you'll know every inch of that bike when your done.
And as all ways pictures please!!!

Last edited:
I get an idea in my head of what I would want a bike to look like,and then I go buy it and do it.If I get a good deal on a bike I will pull up a chair and stare at while I dream up what i'm gonna change.I do this to every mobile machine I own though.my Traxxas Slash R/C trucks are so modded they hardly resemble their stock forms.... :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon:

Voices in my head...:BLAA:
(some examples)

M: "The [Mod] hunger returned to Tim's brain. It never really left."

M: "Don't kid yourself, Tim. You're going to mod again"

T: "You see that, Marshall? That's why I didn't want to do the topcase"
M: "Stop your *****g whining, Tim. You enjoyed doing that mod just as much as I did"

M: "Why do you fight it so hard, Tim? It's Puig!"

You can tell Mr. Brooks is one of my favorite movies

A few reasons for me to mod

1) I always loved wrenching on cars and after wrenching on old project cars for decades, I love how you hardly even break a sweat working on the bike. Projects are done in hours not days, weekends or weeks. It's instant gratification at it's best

2) I am happy to even have a bike in my 40's. I feel like I am making up for lost time. I want this bike to be the best it can be.

3) With a daughter who gets everything and is heading off to private school I feel like this may be the only bike I have for some time to come, so why not make it what I want it to be?

Just since I talked about that polish job...
What I started with
IMG_0120.jpg

Bottom portion is after 600 grit and first buffing cut. Top is still at 600
IMG_0122.jpg

And done!
IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

Back