What kind of tires are on your FZ6?

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
BT-023 for me. I'm the kind of guy that probably over-researches things. For ~$215/set shipped, I could not find a better tire that offered consistently positive reviews on both grip and mileage near that price.

dazzler

Reaction score
Visit site
im running a set of pirelli diablos, cheapest i could find at the time but there brilliant, much more grip into corners then the bridgestones i had on before. also they seem to make the general handling of the bike much better and 4000 miles later they still look like new.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 More shinko love coming from me too! The tire can't be beat for the price, mileage or traction wise

At this point, I cant justify buying any other tire. So far I've been thru almost everything you can throw at these tires and they come thru with flying colors:thumbup:
It was PhranK2k11 that got me hooked on these.....thanks buddy:Flip:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had Pirellis on every one of my bikes (8+), prior to the FZ6, and they surely are super sticky - but that added traction comes at the price of mileage.

As I currently do 120kms (75mi+) per day, just going to work, I needed something that would meet my mileage needs, AND be sticky in the corners.

The Metzelers have a lot of high expectation to meet, but thus far, with nigh on 1000kms (602mi) on them already, in less than a week (!), I have found my Fizzer MUCH more nimble, and holds corners like a champ! (I was scraping pegs with less than 200kms (124mi), without a slip or shiver.)

Fantastic rubber!

Cheers,
Rick

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
At this point, I cant justify buying any other tire. So far I've been thru almost everything you can throw at these tires and they come thru with flying colors:thumbup:
It was PhranK2k11 that got me hooked on these.....thanks buddy:Flip:

Yeah I really wanna try a set if the z8s but when my set of shinkos go I think I'm gonna have a hard time going away from them. I can get crazy low and fast in the turns, get well over 10k on them and still have money for a spare tire too! They arnt as sticky as the diablos I had but way more miles, and way stickier than the stone 023's I had while getting better mileage!!!

Sco

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i am new too and the used FZ I bought had some badly worn stock Dunlop's on it, first thing I wanted to replace the tires. Ordered some PR2's from the shop. Well there was a mix up and ended up with some Pirelli Angels
(my second choice) and are a really nice, sticky, dual compound tire.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pilot Power front (7000 mi.avg.) Pilot Power 2CT rear (4500 mi. avg.)
Loved the Bridgestone BT 016's but couldn't quite get the mileage I do out of the Michelins. I found that the Bridgestone may stick just a little better than the Michelins, but I find the Pilot Powers to turn in a little quicker with less effort. But I have to confess...Cali rider has no problem keeping up with me or I with him with his BT 023's.. :spank: and that's with over 5,000 miles of riding together. :rockon:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
dunlop Q2's, only have like 1500 miles on them so Im kinda undecided, I hit some twisties and you can see they got scrubbed pretty good lol but I for some reason am not as confident as I was with the pr2 on the rear. :confused:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Bridgestone BT-010 on mine, have always used them since the stockers wore out. I get about 11,000km on a rear and about 15,000km on a front, I do most of my riding two-up and only use front brakes.

BT-010.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
dunlop Q2's, only have like 1500 miles on them so Im kinda undecided, I hit some twisties and you can see they got scrubbed pretty good lol but I for some reason am not as confident as I was with the pr2 on the rear. :confused:

What pressures are you running?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
BT 023's here. Hope to get over 10K on the set. After 17K on the OEM BT020's I quickly wore through BT 016's, too quick for me.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I've not come across a better tire than Michelin Road 2/3 tires. They are worth a slight premium.