What kind of music do you listen to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

jsteinb95

Who's your favorite band/group?

I have two favorite bands.......Korn & Metallica

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be (for the time being) Sonic Youth and Wilco. Although, a session with Cult of Daath is never wrong...

I listen to a lot of different things, music is a big part of my life. Two weeks ago I saw Orleans in concert, last week it was the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, in two weeks it'll be Henry Rollins (former lead singer for Black Flag).

Favorite artists include Steely Dan, Sting, Joni Mitchell, King Crimson, Level 42, Earth Wind & Fire, Miles, Santana, The Ramones, Squeeze, Peter Gabriel, BT, gad I could go on all afternoon!

I've played in weekend bands most of my adult (?) life :p ; my last band Puddlestone just broke up in July, I may be getting too old to keep rock-n-rolling, we'll see when the snows fly if I still feel that way. Although we're no longer together, you might get a chuckle from our old website, if it's still up: Puddlestone

Last edited:
I listen to a lot of different things, music is a big part of my life. Two weeks ago I saw Orleans in concert, last week it was the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, in two weeks it'll be Henry Rollins (former lead singer for Black Flag).

Favorite artists include Steely Dan, Sting, Joni Mitchell, Earth Wind & Fire, Miles, Santana, The Ramones, Squeeze, Peter Gabriel, BT, gad I could go on all afternoon!

I've played in weekend bands most of my adult (?) life :p ; my last band Puddlestone just broke up in July, I may be getting too old to keep rock-n-rolling, we'll see when the snows fly if I still feel that way. Although we're no longer together, you might get a chuckle from our old website, if it's still up: Puddlestone
Hey man, that's cool......looks like you had alot of fun, you can NEVER be too old to "keep rock-n-rolling." Which guy are you in the pic? I've never heard of Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell, Miles, Squeeze, BT.......but of course I was born in 1981.....maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm the tall ugly one with the short haircut, playing keys, harp, fiddle or sax.

YOU PLAY THE HARP????? That is so awesome. I would love to be able to play the harp. I play the paino. But my ulimate dream is to play the guitar like Slash from Guns n Roses.....that would be sick.:rockon:

I listen to most rock music. I have a thing for the classics but i listen to alot of heavy metal too.

My favorites are Korn, Jimi Hendrix, Nickleback, Megadeth

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

I listen to most rock music. I have a thing for the classics but i listen to alot of heavy metal too.

My favorites are Korn, Jimi Hendrix, Nickleback, Megadeth

nice...............awesome bands! :thumbup:
Another sick band is Avenged Sevenfold.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no choice for "All of the above"

My musical tastes are pretty eclectic and run from the Allman Brothers to ZZ Top from Alan Jackson to Hank Williams Jr

From Beethoven to the Indigo Girls

From Nelly to Johnny Cash to Prodigy

when I put my Ipod on Shuffle it is crazy

====================
Botch .... Your pic in the band bio is SCARY :rockon:

I used to be into metal with my favorites being disturbed and staind but lately I've taken a huge change and have gotten into country. Mostly fast country though...Boondocks and "These are my people."

Like some of the others I have a wide range of interest. A few favorites would be Robert Cray, Tower of Power, Steve Kimock Band, Jackson Browne, No Doubt, Rush, Y&T, and Pink Floyd. Nice to see the variety of styles that everyone enjoys, music is magic.

I have TRIED to like country, but I just can't do it. I don't know what I would do without music.

I don't listen to music too often, if I do I listen to it I perfer 80s metal.
quiet riot, guns & roses , twisted sister, skid row, iron maiden, old metallica. most of the time I listen to talk radio, Glen Beck rocks!!!

Cali Rider, we saw Tower of Power at the Park City Jazz Festival this summer, they absolutely smoked, as always!!

For you Van Halen fans:

Jump (in pitch)! « RW370

At the end of this show, they accidently played the pre-recorded keyboard tracks at the wrong speed, poor Eddie just couldn't do anything with it. Even the pros screw up at times!

Wow Botch, I didn't know we had a musician amongst us. I played the baritone in junior high; does that count?

I listen to a bit of everything both old and new:

OLD Genesis (the 80's stuff was ok but the older late 60's-70's was better)
Rush- I have everything they ever made including the new album released this spring.
King Crimson
Steppenwolf
Uriah Heap
Type O Negative

Like the newer bands too:

The Shins
The Fray
Silverchair
Green Day
Puddle of Mud
The Thrills

Could go on and on but won't

-Bo

For me its GnR, Faith no more, Stone temple pilots, Mother love bone, Quiet riot. Perl Jam, Metallica, BUt the jammers and Metallica do it for me.

Sorry people one of the oldies but have got totally into dance in the last few years. What i use to call doof doof, i know listen to all day every day.

Back