What kind of handlebars do I have?!

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
I am trying to get a more aggressive set of handlebars for the bike like the ones seen on the R6, as far as I know that means more lean forwards and maybe more of a bend in the bars? Not sure. Anyways, I got the bike used and they had a pair of aftermarket bars on them. They say "Carmichael" and "ProTaper", it's night time and I couldn't get a very good look. I included some nighttime iPhone pictures which aren't the best quality, but I tried to take some with a flashlight too. Basically, how do these compare to the stock ones? Would these be considered drag bars or something else? Are they closer or further from the "agressive" style I'm going for than stock bars? Pictures below, thanks guys! :bow: :Sport:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
I'm 6'3 and they're okay for my size. It's not a matter of comfort, I just crave the aggressive position. So would you say these are closer or further from that over the stock bars? I'm not really worried tremendously about proper posture or needing to lean more as I don't really go for more than just short rides, the longest one I ever plan to take on a day to day basis is maybe 25 miles, tops.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Pro Taper ones would be more agressive than the stock bars, IMO.

Bring the 2 links up side by side - you can see the difference

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
The Pro Taper ones would be more agressive than the stock bars, IMO.

Bring the 2 links up side by side - you can see the difference

Been doing some searching and just finished reading this thread:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/1341-clip-ons-custom-bars-3.html

I'm thinking about ordering these:

Black Jota Bars 7/8" (22mm)

I get the 7/8 inch, not the 1 inch right? And they're just "plug and play", just install them and I'm good? Those are sooooo sexy.

Edit: Well, scratch that! They don't ship to the US. After MORE searching, would you agree that what I am looking for is a set of "Clubman" bars?

Last edited: