What jacket do you guys ride with?.

D

Deleted member 2349

I have two:

Tourmaster Flex 2 for daily commute; great for layering.

Tourmaster Cruiser 2- leather for those longer trips and highways, gets hot in stop and go city traffic.

surfinfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I also wear the Cortech GX-Air. When I lived in Hawaii, it kept me cool, and here in maine, I stay toasty warm with both liners in. Good enough for me.

ccasey6

Reaction score
Visit site
Currently I ride with a Scorpion Stinger Perforated Leather jacket. I'm looking into getting a textile jacket for the super hot and humid days. The Scorpion jacket is great for the cool mornings (with the liner in it) and pretty good for the hot afternoons. I rode with it in 90 degree heat and it was pretty good as long as I was moving. It offers great protection and looks really great!

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All....

I have Alpinestars SMK leather jacket. I like it a lot ... it has left and right air vents and rear exhaust vent... very Comfortable and fits nice... ride on my FZ6ers.... LOL

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear the FIELDSHEER Bullet TX in blue like the picture in the link.
FIELDSHEER web site

This is the first jacket I've purchased that has body armour. The funny thing is I used to ride in a t-shirt and shorts all the time. After riding with this new jacket, and reading about all the accidents that have been occuring, I feel weird not having the jacket on now.

I was out on a hot day and opened the front and back vents on the jacket, but then the jacket would like suck to my body when I start moving. Is this normal? It seems to defeat the purpose of the vents with the jacket vacuum sealed to my body.

Wanderingpie

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have any experience with the Rev'it and/or Dainese convertible jackets? They seem ideal, but sooooooo expensive. It might be worth it if they can do all they promise (which is essentially a one-for-all-occasions jacket.)

I ride in a Rev'it Cayenne, and I love it for touring. As a winter jacket, it cannot be beaten for protection from rain, wind, and cold. As a spring/fall jacket, it excels for the same reasons. It has ample room for anything you can think of packing that isn't so bulky that you need luggage, and most pockets (if not all) are completely weatherproof. It's a little toasty as a summer jacket, even with all the liners removed, so I wouldn't recommend it for 90+ climates, but its not terrible so long as you are rolling and generating a nice breeze for yourself.

As far as protection goes, it works! I took a spill last year that nearly tore my ACL (the bike came down on my knee and ankle at around 55 mph) and the jacket and pants (both Rev'it) did their job perfectly. I still wear the jacket, but the pants soaked up the damage that a pair of jeans would have transmitted right to my skin (I didn't have a scratch, just swelling). The friction of the impact was enough to melt the metal snaps for some of the buttons, but the fabric of the jacket didn't budge. A+ protection, which is what it's all about. Combined with the utility of the jacket, I recommend Rev'it wholeheartedly, even with the price.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rock the Alpinestars Stage leather in both cold and hot weather. My armpits get cold on cold days but other than that it's a nice all (dry) weather jacket.

Disclaimer: I live in California, so cold is 40F....

hammerheadshadow

Reaction score
Visit site
It is just my opinion here. Screw Squiding. Cagers dont give a rats ass about you anyways. Impress your buddies? What for? Have not enough self confidence and respect already without cool looking jacket?

My opinion is practical. It is -Ride with safety jacket such as IMPACT, HIT AIR, etc.-these are real good for frontal collisions :) But seriously if there is time for these slow working things to deploy-this will be your best buy jacket ever. Now Dainese is coming out with airbag vest too-it is next generation and I will definitely get one. That thing should deploy fast, in any kind of fall (knock knock you should never have any). That is your BEST riding jacket gear. Period. :Sport:

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Tourmaster Intake. It's mesh so it's great for Florida summers, and it comes with two liners, one insulated, and one water resistant. You can install either liner alone or use them both.

Last edited:

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got 2 jackets. For all seasons I use the Damen textile jacket. It's also used by the police, paramedics and so on. Very good jacket but to hot for the summer.

When the temperature rises above 20 dergrees celcius I use the Rev'it airforce. A nice and light jacket still with removable rain protection.

mech75

Reaction score
Visit site
Olympia airglide Jacket and pants
they make good stuff. convertible for all seasons, reasonably priced. only gear I need all year!