What is your longest ride??

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
How far have you made it in one day on a motorcycle? I'm sure I'm nowhere near the most here but last fall my buddy and I made it just over 350 miles from the east coast of Maine to Canada and back. It was a great ride on a road through a town called Coburn Gore. For those of you in the northeast this is a must ride.

There must be some Iron butts out there so here is your time to impress us. :thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A few years ago I did a solo overnighter from the SF Bay Area to the Sunset Strip in L.A., around 400 miles each way. I did it on my previous bike, a Yamaha Vstar. Other than a bit of a sore bum it was a great ride.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just shy of 1,000km. But it was tough riding not a lot of long straights. Took all day but I literally felt like I was in a movie. It was the best day of that 10 day trip thru the British Columbia interior. My whole life I had been waiting for "THAT" ride....and that day I got it.

Now I want it again.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
1,037 miles in 17 hours on my FJR for my Iron Butt cert. Helps to have Nevada next door. On that ride I did a 171 mile stretch between Tonopah and Ely Nv. in less than 2 hours including a fire suppression stop. You can do the math. I will just say it's nice to have a bike that will cruise above 125mph. :innocent:
Actually that is easier than multi 600 mile days.

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
Did 14 hours from DE to TN (same going home) going to the Dragon. Heres the GPS details from the entire weekend.

PIC-0216.jpg

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The same day I bought my FZ I left on a 600 mile round trip vacation. 250 of that was alone but the rest was group riding. I rode another bike (wont tell for fear of ridicule what brand of bike) back to my home town of Libby Mt., about 800 or so miles round trip but my legs thought it waqs 90,000 miles!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WSBK trip to Phillip Island from Adelaide, via the GOR. 1197km on the trip meter upon arrival at the caravan park, and then out for tea and back for 1200km/745miles. Then rode back two days later (the short way...lol).:D

neos

Intermediate rider
Reaction score
www.facebook.com
One week ago completed a 5000km return journey from London to Lisbon. It took two days on the saddle each way, from 8am to around 6-7pm. My right wrist was the body part suffering the most.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WSBK trip to Phillip Island from Adelaide, via the GOR. 1197km on the trip meter upon arrival at the caravan park, and then out for tea and back for 1200km/745miles. Then rode back two days later (the short way...lol).:D

What he said! I was riding with Mikey....

Did 1400km's in one day on the same trip last year, (with a pillion on board) but that was because we got lost...more than we did this year! :eek:

A long time ago, when i was touring around Europe, i did 1900km's in one very crazy day and night of riding,(with a pillion on board) before i collapsed in a heap of tunnel vision, and micro-sleeps! :eek:

Have done heaps of 1000km plus day's riding to and from Phillip Island, over the years....

I love big long rides....even if it normally means a mental breakdown, here and there along the way...

:eek:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez, you guys put me to shame. I thought my 600km day one 'bike tour' last year was fairly hardcore.....! As Arnie would say.......wroooong.

FZ6_WVU

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Visit site
Boy.. Some of you have logged some miles! Makes me look like like a puss! lol

Just a touch over 500 miles from Niagara Falls to home.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Did a round trip Oslo, Norway - Leipzig, Germany last year in four days. That's about 2400 km's. If it wasn't for my pussy friends, we would've continued down to Prague and back in the same number of days. But their arses wouldn't take it:Flip:

Longest stretch in one day is 750 km's, which was on that trip.