What is the FE Kit that you people are using

amolwankhede

Reaction score
Visit site
HI all

I got 2008 and need to have FE on it.

Plesae suggest, Not so expensive and can be installed at home. I have tools.

thanks

S

sportrider

I'll reveal my FE secret go to a place where you can buy sheet metal.

here's the tools you will need. (most people probley have all of them already)
jig saw
drill
ruler
soap stone or crayon
optional welder

I made mine out of 1/16 inch sheet metal you'll need a piece 8.5" X 6"
here is the pattern that you would cut out
if you add tabs for the stock turn signals it's quite a bit more work.
once you've cut out the pattern you'll drill the holes where marked. you'll need a vise to bend the metal into shape, but it's not necessary if you don't have one you can use a cresent wrench to make your bends. you'll need to bend the two ears in a 90 degree angle up so the notch is at the left side of the FE. then test fit the FE on your bike. from there you'll see where you need to bend the plate so it fits properly. once that line up you'll need to make tabs for your license plate bracket off the stock fender. the license plate light can be used also with a little more cutting on the bracket. if your interested in making this, I can post up detailed instructions
if you already have the tools you can buy the metal for under $10.00, with a few hours of your time you can make one up.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got FAZR6's kit today. I'll get some pics of it up on Saturday. (after I get my new signals, I'm going to install them at the same time.)

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a picky thing, but I've harped on about this before...I wish the FAZR6 FE kit came with adaptors for after market signals that only require a 5/8" hole instead of the "OEM" oval egg cutout.
I just don't like the look of the necessary large flat washers that are needed when installing after market signals.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When i replace my rear signals with my FE kit that has the stock oval holes i will most likely just make a filler plate and weld it in place... I agree though that it would be nice to have that work done already...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can buy the egg-fillers at Freedom Cycle. :thumbup: They even sell the cool CF blinkers. Not bad prices either!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also should mention that on the front, because they are running lights too, the ones Freedom sells are the two-wire so you'd have to add the third with the relay to make them running lights. I think they have it all right there though. The service guys can tell you what you need. Great group of people there!

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got it and installed it!!

It took me about an hour to install.:thumbup:

SO GLAD I GOT RID OF THAT PEICE OF PLASTIC GARBAGE THAT WAS STUCK TO MY TAIL:Flip:

Totally satisfied as of right now. :rockon:
:Sport:

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
Promo photos :thumbup:

_DSC1662.jpg

_DSC1661.jpg

_DSC1631.jpg

_DSC1642.jpg

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice shots! Congrats on the conversion! :thumbup:

Would you mind a little write-up on those LEDs back there? Maybe a short video or pics of them in action? Thanks!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered up the Rizoma FE kit with the stock turn signal adapters. I really like how "open" their kit makes the bike look, and I'de prefer to keep the stock signals. I like the fact that they are wide, easier for cars to make out left vs. right side of the bike.

Krazykev111

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll reveal my FE secret go to a place where you can buy sheet metal.

here's the tools you will need. (most people probley have all of them already)
jig saw
drill
ruler
soap stone or crayon
optional welder

I made mine out of 1/16 inch sheet metal you'll need a piece 8.5" X 6"
here is the pattern that you would cut out
if you add tabs for the stock turn signals it's quite a bit more work.
once you've cut out the pattern you'll drill the holes where marked. you'll need a vise to bend the metal into shape, but it's not necessary if you don't have one you can use a cresent wrench to make your bends. you'll need to bend the two ears in a 90 degree angle up so the notch is at the left side of the FE. then test fit the FE on your bike. from there you'll see where you need to bend the plate so it fits properly. once that line up you'll need to make tabs for your license plate bracket off the stock fender. the license plate light can be used also with a little more cutting on the bracket. if your interested in making this, I can post up detailed instructions
if you already have the tools you can buy the metal for under $10.00, with a few hours of your time you can make one up.

I am interested in some pics of this installed.... I also like the price. I have tools, and the know how to make it myself...

Apollo

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered up the Rizoma FE kit with the stock turn signal adapters. I really like how \"open\" their kit makes the bike look, and I'de prefer to keep the stock signals. I like the fact that they are wide, easier for cars to make out left vs. right side of the bike.

Hellgate

Is there a online retailer that sells the rizoma?????

Thanks