Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Re: Rotella 15W-40 CJ-4 OIL (non synthetic)

Well I did my first oil change this evening. Man the drain plug was tight! My buddy did first one at the same time and his was the same.

Used the Rotella 15W-40 CJ-4 OIL (non synthetic) and Wix filters

I noticed a difference right away. We both did. Different sound to the bike and just seemed to run smoother.

If anyone in BC is looking for this oil West-Can Auto Parts West-Can Auto Parts carry it. Was 19.12 with tax in for a jug. Filter was 14.92 tax in.

Oil change was easy , just dont touch the pipe underneath like I did, Ouch! Big friggin blister now. Also be carefull not to drop the oil cap, I did and a big chunk chipped off. Still seals.

I only had about 900KM on the bike and man the oil that came out looked gross! Glad I changed it.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Rotella 15W-40 CJ-4 OIL (non synthetic)

Well I did my first oil change this evening. Man the drain plug was tight! My buddy did first one at the same time and his was the same.

Used the Rotella 15W-40 CJ-4 OIL (non synthetic) and Wix filters

I noticed a difference right away. We both did. Different sound to the bike and just seemed to run smoother.

If anyone in BC is looking for this oil West-Can Auto Parts West-Can Auto Parts carry it. Was 19.12 with tax in for a jug. Filter was 14.92 tax in.

Oil change was easy , just dont touch the pipe underneath like I did, Ouch! Big friggin blister now. Also be carefull not to drop the oil cap, I did and a big chunk chipped off. Still seals.

I only had about 900KM on the bike and man the oil that came out looked gross! Glad I changed it.

Canadian Tire carries Rotella 15W-40.... here in Ontario, anyway....

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: I put Amsoil 10w40 in my FZ6 and it's a miracle...

I use the same! It makes me fly now. Not to bad at all!!!

W

wrightme43

You guys don`t mess around with oil... it keeps going and going and going...

it`s oil for crying out loud, let it go :D

Now that the Amsoil has had time to work thru my system, I can actually see into the future.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site

At UNCC we had a guy come in from Amsoil and speak about oil for our Motorsports class. As you can imagine he was pro- amsoil for everything. Even saying how we will run 30,000 miles on the same oil in his C5 Z06 with it.

(Which i dont care if the oil still test fine in the lab, the longest I will go on a NICE synthetic is like 8000. But w/e.)

The stuff is good, but the thing I dont like about is their marketing. As you know major shops cant carry it. However any person with the desire to sell it can. So technically every single person in this forum can be a amsoil dealer. Its just kinda strange.

I'll stick with my Motul.... however I there is some bad junk out there. If there is one thing that guy did for me, he got my interest up in it and I learned alot about these so called synthetics that you can buy now adays.

-bryan

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: oil cange What a difference

I just hand tighten the filter in all of my vehicles. In the past 23 yrs. of driving I have never had one once back off or leak. They don't need much at all. The rubber o-ring locks it on.

Yep and the Purolator Pure o-ring is Teflon coated nice. And your only talking 40 psi. about the same pressure as you city water. I've had few (on cars) that came off by hand.

Last edited:

ToddB5150

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Oil Change?

Hello There, 3,000 mi is about right... If you use Synthetic too soon the rings won't completely seat. I work at the Combustion Reseach Facility in Livermore California. We have had excellent results with Mobil One, (fully Synthetic). I would stay with 10w 40, and steer clear of 20w 40.. The main a rod bearing clearance on your engine is between 0.0005-0.0008.. That's "Tenths" of a thousandth of an inch..! 20w 50 could blow the engine and if used Yamaha waranty won't cover it....

Todd..

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site

where can you find rotella? i cant find it anywhere...should i not be using a k&n filter? been using castrol R4 superbike...help please!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site

I bought Rotella T at PepBoys. My walmart only had Roteall T dyno oil - not the blue bottled synthetic. PepBoys and Autozone have the synthetic one.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I came back from the motorcycle stealership with Yamalube 10W40. It was at home that I noticed the manual recommending 10W30 instead. So is it safe for me to put in the 10W40 or should I exchange for the 10W30 specified in the manual?

Cheers.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Oil Change?

Have looked everywhere on this site via the search function, and i cant find the info i want....so, without starting another thread, is Shell Rotella oil, the same as what we call in Australia, Shell Advance VSX4 - full synthetic, 15w/50???

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Synthetic oil

Its time for me to put some synthetic oil in before I make the move to San Diego.

It seams like amsoil is what everyone on here recomends.

Has anyone used Rotella T because thats what my cousin uses in his. Im not sure if one is better than the other.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.