What is the best Handle Bar Mod?

B4sok

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought the SW- Motech 1" back and 1" higher kit for my FZ6. Started to install yesterday. How are you guys dealing with the break line?. Mine would not instal without really compromising the break line. I had everything loose. It just doesnt seem long enough?

The Break lines were fine although I have double Stainless Goodridge brake lines fitted, I had to turn the resovoir slightly to accomodate the lines.
cheers :thumbup:

Fireeater170

Reaction score
Visit site
So after reading this thread I ordered the FZ1 handlebars from Yamaha. Being my typical self I called and later changed the order to the FZ6R bars. I will have to say it is a very very small difference. Here is a photo of the stock bars vs. FZ6R bars. The color variant kinda bugs me and thought a quick paint job would work. To be honest after spending $78.29 on the FZ6R bars I am returning them and trying my luck with the FZ1s. The stock FZ1 bars from both the Yamaha dealerships near me are about $100.

CIMG6355.jpg

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So after reading this thread I ordered the FZ1 handlebars from Yamaha. Being my typical self I called and later changed the order to the FZ6R bars. I will have to say it is a very very small difference. Here is a photo of the stock bars vs. FZ6R bars. The color variant kinda bugs me and thought a quick paint job would work. To be honest after spending $78.29 on the FZ6R bars I am returning them and trying my luck with the FZ1s. The stock FZ1 bars from both the Yamaha dealerships near me are about $100.

CIMG6355.jpg

$100?! For FZ1?

I paid ~$30 from DGY in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. Had it shipped even though they are like 10 minutes from me.

www.DGY.com

Even with shipping they will be at least half.

And I love mine. Thought about fZ6r bar but went with fz1 and am very happy.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Fireeater170

Reaction score
Visit site
$100?! For FZ1?

I paid ~$30 from DGY in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. Had it shipped even though they are like 10 minutes from me.

Motorcycle, Motorcycle Parts, ATV, ATV Parts, PWC, Jetski Parts | DGY.com | Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, | Motorsports Parts, Accessories, Apparel

Even with shipping they will be at least half.

And I love mine. Thought about fZ6r bar but went with fz1 and am very happy.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up! Just looking online they are 60+ shipping but i will call first thing tomorrow. Thanks again!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site

CIMG6355.jpg
Im actually installing these bars today. If they dont fix my wrist issue, no big deal i can always get fz1 bars :).

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the stock bars, the FZ1 bars, and now the Suburban Machinery bars, so I might be able to give you a little info.

I hated the stock bars. They put my wrists at a very odd angle and were just flat uncomfortable.

I was able to pick up the Suburban bars for cheaper than MSRP from another member here. They aren't cheap new (around $150?), but they're great too and I've yet to change them out and go back to the FZ1 bars (they've been on my bike for a year now). The position is slightly lower and more forward than stock, but not as much as the FZ1 bars.

The advantage of both the FZ1 bars and the SM bars is that they both have the inserts in the ends that accept the stock FZ6 bar ends. I've got bar end mirrors now (mine's naked), but the aftermarket bar ends I've got are made for the FZ6 and screw right in as well.

Some comparison pictures:

FZ1 vs. Stock (FZ1 is flat and has less pullback)

IMG_1177.jpg

Suburban Machinery bars (blue bike) vs. the FZ1 bars (silver bike). Note, neither of these are my bike, but these are good for comparison.

user5196_pic1883_1227560180.jpg

user4924_pic2624_1235334543.jpg

This makes it sound like the FZ1 bars are lower ans more forward than the suburban machiinery bars. Is that the case? Dooesnt seem that way from the pictures

Rhodar

Reaction score
Visit site
which year bars are you guys looking at for the FZ1? I looked up 05 which is the year of my FZ6 and the FZ1 bars look almost the same and they are like 80 from bikebandit.com hmm

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
which year bars are you guys looking at for the FZ1? I looked up 05 which is the year of my FZ6 and the FZ1 bars look almost the same and they are like 80 from bikebandit.com hmm
I ordered 2010 fz1 bars for 36 shipped on partshark.com I havent received them yet. I will let you know if they fit :)

Rhodar

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome cuz i am really needing new bars, at 6'5" the pull back of the stock bars has been annoying the hell out of me. Soon as you try em out if all is well ill order em from the same place.

D

Dave.TX

I installed Renthal Road Medium bars the other day. They're taller so no need for risers and flatter, they don't sweep down like the stock bars. Also less pullback. They are wider than stock, if that's OK with you then great. Otherwise you can hack off about 1" from each end which is what a lot of people do. Color match is almost identical if you get Tanium. Their Road Low might have worked better. The medium is about as far as you can go without modifying the brake line (lengthen). Clearance is no problem as you don't touch the mirrors or tank. I might go with the low's next time and shorten their length so they're not as wide. I'm 6'4", BTW.

Rhodar

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i think i saw those, i may do the same and hack some length off of them, im going naked so hitting fairings isnt an issue but tank is lol.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Dave.TX,

We were just in the Hill country last weekend (1200+) miles and I need some new bars to ease my hand pain. The Renthals look like a great option. What did you do for the bar ends? I am certain the stock ones will probably have to be replaced with something.

I am 5-10 with a 32" inseam and am not looking to lean forward too much if I do not have too from the stock position.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Erci,

This is a question for you since I also know you have been down this road. Do the Renthals ID prohibit the tapping of them for the stock bar ends? I know the stockers are threaded M16 x 1.5. I do not know what that really equates to in millimeters. My Road mediums should show up today.:thumbup:

fyrebug

Reaction score
Visit site
just reviving this old thread.

for those of you that got the FZ6R bars instead of the fz1 how'd it work out?

the angle looks slight but I mean,.. the angle really only needs a small correction.. fz6r bar is cheaper than fz1 bar+risers too.

thanks

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have mine if your interested in buying them send me a pm.

I liked the fz6r bars a lot better then stock. But when i got my seat lowered an inch the bars were too high for me. At stock height i liked them, they corrected the funny angle of the stocks bars and stayed the same rise.

jjcool

Reaction score
Visit site
So ive been reading these posts and im still getting confused on if tha FZ1 bars are no good for shorter people.

I'm 5'7" and get wrist pain when i ride to long. Will FZ1s help for us shorter folk?

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
So ive been reading these posts and im still getting confused on if tha FZ1 bars are no good for shorter people.

I'm 5'7" and get wrist pain when i ride to long. Will FZ1s help for us shorter folk?

They both help us shorties, but FOR ME because i had a LOWERED SEAT as well the FZ6R bars were too high. FZ1 bars make it a more aggressive position. Which for some like me, is much more comfortable then upright. Basically these bars get rid of outside palm pain from wierd bar angles, the rest is up to your body and core strength :)

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Well my core is pretty much rock solid :p

Is your seat mod a purchase? Or a mod to the Original seat?

Lol. My seat was a Spencer mod from www.agreatdaytoride.com the lowered seat made a big difference in touching the ground and lowered center of gravity for me at 5'7" but its nit necessary. The mod it self is a very comfortable seat. I have a stock seat for sale if you can't do with out riding for a week or two.