what HID's do you recommend?

lennox

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the market for some HID's. what are some that you really like or some that i should avoid at all costs?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A PM I sent to someone a while back. Had these for like 3 years now. Zero issues. Apparently some other companies have issues with the bulbs burning out.

Company is GTHID.

gthid

I bought locally and didn't order online. They had a distributer I tracked down here. The company came recommended from a friend.

The things haven't burnt out yet and I routinely roll around with high beams on too.

Bulbs for 2006 FZ6 are:

H4L and H7

My lights are 6000K for output or whatever (this determines the colour of the lights).

I wanted a bit blue but not too blue because too blue makes you blind in the fog. So I have a cool blue without being too insane.

Only issue I've ever had is that for the first minute or so the high beam is a different colour than the low beam. Eventually after warming up it becomes the same colour.

Also I can't "flash" people my high beam unless I have warmed it up for a little bit. Otherwise its light output isnt intense enough to flash anyone. When it is warmed up though holy **** people think they are being flagged down by a police helicopter though its insane. This is a big reason why I keep my high beams on 60% of the time riding around at night. That way they stay warm enough to flash people but not turned on when behind people.

Might be worth researching alternatives to overcome this "warming up" shortcoming. Other than that the things are quite badass. An ever so slight difference in colour between the two but once they warm up they look identical pretty much. You'd go blind staring at them trying to figure out the difference before you noticed anything.

Oh, and for the first 30 seconds or so the brightness isn't so high. Flashing the high beam without warming them up at all usually doesn't do much.

Last edited:

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone heard of or used HID's from DDM tuning?

I have the DDM tuning HIDs in my bike and they are really good, only problem is that they don't come with a projector housing, it's just the bulbs. To have true HIDs, you'll need the projector housings, bulbs, and ballasts.

flash

Reaction score
Visit site
HID's are very bright. The standard reflectors on your bike will not focus the light properly causing a blinding glare to oncomming traffic, definitly not good! The HID project works very well, the light is tightly focused and controlled. There is a new breed of "Bi-xenon" HID lighting that allows you to use your stock reflector, I am not sure how well these work but I would like to know.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the DDM Tuning kit(5000K, pure white) on my FZ. Only the low beam though. It really doesn't seem to glare any more than stock. There is an increase, but your're certainly not going to blind anyone with it. It's enough to make you a bit more noticeable, in a good way, and that's it for glare. As for light output, it's loads better. The beam pattern didn't get all messed up, which can happen depending on the housing your're dropping the bulb into. Sometimes it works, other times not so much. lol They do work fine on the FZ though. Overall, worth the price and then some. If I had the patience, and the cash, I'd retrofit with a FX-R projector. But that's some work right there. lol