What er these connectors for?

ervar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there

Can somebody please tell what the two marked connectors on the image are for? They are locared behind the panel on the left side of the seat, on my FZ6-s2 from 2007.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Come on, haven't you ever put something together and had a few spare parts left over, it's just the sign of good build, sheesh....j/k, j/k.

I have no clue at all, guessing would be diagnostics connectors??

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there

Can somebody please tell what the two marked connectors on the image are for? They are locared behind the panel on the left side of the seat, on my FZ6-s2 from 2007.

Get a multi meter and test the prongs while the bike is on and while using turn signals and see what its all about...

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think they go to your turn signals.
goker would know.
pm him.

Thanks.... ;) No, they are not for turn signals. Turn signal plugs are right behind them in grey and black. I don't remember these two particular plugs on mine, but I now have a jungle of wires running in there because of my additions, so I may have just tuck them behind something.

At any rate, if you tell me exact model of your bike and the color of the wires going to those plugs, I may be able to tell you what they are.

I noticed you listed yours as "S2" and they have few other niceties we don't have around here if it is fully loaded version.

steven

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there

Ever seen the film called "Avatar"? That's the connector for you and your bike:BLAA:

mawebb

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked a shop manual for an 04 and there is no mention of those two connectors. The only ones indicated in that area are turn signals (left and right), tail light and and license plate light.

CarpeNoctumDC

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked a shop manual for an 04 and there is no mention of those two connectors. The only ones indicated in that area are turn signals (left and right), tail light and and license plate light.

He has those four connections.. Plus the two he pointed out...

You can barely see them in his.. Attached is an image that points out the 4 connectors for the FZ6...

The black connector with Green/Black wires is for the Rear Left Turn
The grey connector with the red/black is for rear right turn..
The white connector is break/tail (blue, Black, Yellow)
and the solo black/blue wires are for the tail light...

-=- George

So does anyone know where to download the SHG manual?

Last edited:

CarpeNoctumDC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there

Just went over the -S0 manual to see if the wire harness was different... Out of like the six diagrams they all had the same 4 connectors... The manual was in spanish though.. So I couldnt do a quick search.. And with the multiple schematics the manual is almost twice as long as the FZS6W manual..
Well... 50% larger..

FZ6-N/S
FZ6-NA/SA
FZ6-NHG(W)
FZ6-SHG(W)
FZ6-NAHG/SAHG

Just to make sure im not wrong.. The S2 is a SHG right?