What does everybody do for a living??

I'm a helicopter pilot, currently flying an Air Ambulance (the ugly bug-smasher in my avatar...) I will be taking a break from the ambulance for the summer, though - will be flying folks in and out of a remote fishing lodge in the Queen Charlotte Islands (northern BC). I'll be living at the Lodge - 2-weeks-on, 2-weeks-off, so lots of time off for riding - yay!!! Not to mention all the fresh salmon and halibut I can eat.... :D

Queen Charlottes COOL.. I worked at a Base In Sandspit looking after some MD500s Loved it... Its so beautiful up there.. Make sure you checkout the shipwrecks... ( Much easier by helicopter) (Need any AME's up there!!! lol)

Queen Charlottes COOL.. I worked at a Base In Sandspit looking after some MD500s Loved it... Its so beautiful up there.. Make sure you checkout the shipwrecks... ( Much easier by helicopter) (Need any AME's up there!!! lol)

Lol - I would LOVE to have an AME up there! I'm going to be on my own at the fishing lodge - The crews and engineers for the S76 and the S61 will all be based in Sandspit... I don't even think they're endorsed on the LongRanger... My maintenance will be phoned-in from Vancouver - lol!!! :(

Lol - I would LOVE to have an AME up there! I'm going to be on my own at the fishing lodge - The crews and engineers for the S76 and the S61 will all be based in Sandspit... I don't even think they're endorsed on the LongRanger... My maintenance will be phoned-in from Vancouver - lol!!! :(

LongRanger eh.... and no AME.... Take your fishing rod!!

Its a long way from Richmond to the Lodge

Hey fudegefz6, our ship went to visit canada, novia scotia halifax. when we ported up, we took on a lot of canadian sailors which came to meet us us sailors and take us out for fun. you guys rock and you can sure drink me under the table hehe.

I work in track service for a tire company supplying the tires to the "World of Outlaws" sprint car circuit (a traveling circus basically), so I get to see most of the US over the course of a year. Sometimes I am able to take the bike along and do some local touring, time permitting.

Last year I spent a day riding north of Vancouver and that was a cool trip- I even saw the world's biggest truck somewhere up there.

It's a great job as long as you can live on the road nine months a year.

I work with Emotionally Handicapped kids at a high school (think OCD, ODD, ADHD, etc.), in an alternative program. I am actually called a "classroom assistant" but I am basically a tutor, counselor, and in some cases confidante to kids who can't handle being in the mainstream without serious support, and kids who have a lot of trouble at home. It is a very emotionally trying job and I kinda hate it (I love the kids, I just suck at classroom management), but I need something like this so I can continue to get my master's in school counseling, which I am halfway through...

After 25 years of farming I now thoroughly enjoy working in a motorcycle dealership. I handle the spares and accessories for Yamaha, Triumph and Kawasaki motorcycles and ATV's.:)

I work part time, 2 to 2.5 weeks a month for my dad installing radiant heat in a condo complex being built in San Fransico. Then when I am back home in Sunnyside Wa, I work part time for the local Yamaha dealer, Desert Power sports in Prosser Wa. Just enjoying life. Its all good, Jim:thumbup:

Electrical Engineer for the largest ECAD software developer/reseller in North America.

Also starting Grad School in the Fall...

Last edited:
I served in the US Navy for 24 years retiring in 2005 as a Chief Petty Officer. I now work for the Navy as a Project Manager for the DDG program.

I am warehouse manager at a DHL Healthcare specialized warehouse keeping 150 employees happy and our customers as well.

Besides that I started school again last year trying to get a degree in logistics management.

Even sometimes I am in front of a class, training people their safety skills. After being a volunteer fire fighter for over 13 years as an officer, I went to school to become a trainer in fire fighter skills.

Nice to see the jobs everyone has.

I'm a nurse practitioner. I work nights as a hospitalist, which basically means that I browse this forum all night until someone pages me because a patient is going down the tubes. Then I go see the patient, try to fix him/her, and then get back to my office so I can search on the internets another 2 hours for the perfect saddlebags for my FZ6 :) Oh, and I get to sleep a lot at work too (as long as no one is dying!) Oh, and in the words of Dr. Nick, "I can prescribe anything I want, baby!" That's how I paid for my new bike. Just kidding. Kind of. ;)

I am an accountant myself. After a few years on the job, I am sure it's going to be a boring life unless I get out of this profession. Waiting for the right time...

Back