What do you have on your bike keychain?

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I have my Fazer and Ninja key on a tiny green quick link which is easily removeable from my way-too-big key ring.

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
...garage door opener (open the door when I get to my next door neighbor's house, the up the drive and into the garage and close the door. Like Batman).

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Just the rubbery thing from the dealer.

Where are you all getting the "remove before flight" strips? I've never seen them anywhere.

Sawblade: is that knot so you can undo it and have cord on-hand in case you need it?

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
-Parents' house key (just haven't gotten around to getting rid of it and adding my house key....after 3 years...)
-Bike key
-Helmet lock keys

No, I don't drink and ride, but hey, you can never have too many can/bottle openers.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New bike, needed a new keychain.
And I noticed that some of the previous pics are gone, so here's the whole group again :D

Sinman

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have the dealer loop, need something personal. I'm hoping my wife will come thru for X-mas. She has mentioned it a few times. I'd like to be able to add a few of the small bicycle parts I've collected over the years.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all for keeping this thread going! I think its neat to see what we have on our key rings:thumbup:

We've had a lot of new members sign up on the forum.......Come on peeps, lets see what you got on your keys:rockon:

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
OK. I'm new to the FZ6 forum. And I'm a senior rider and forgetful. It never fails - every time I stop at the gas pump or a convenience store, I stick my bike key in my front right pants pocket. Then after pumping or eating (or both), I don my helmet and gloves, etc., and go to start up the bike, only to realize that the key is still way down in my pants pocket! Now every time I get another bike my better half braids me a new key "fob". It's braided from 3 doubled over strands of white parachute cord. The ends of each of the parachute cord ends are heated with a match so they don't individually unravel or fray, and the end of the braided "fob" is bound with some red cord so the braids don't unravel. Now when I tuck the key in my pants pocket, the braided "fob" sticks out the top of the pocket, and the key can be retrieved even if I've already pulled on my gloves. Also, the braided cord is soft enough that as it bangs around a little in the breeze, while the key is in the ignition and I'm riding, there's no damage to the bike. Here's a pic:
FZ6key2007Fizzer.jpg

- - - Jim

Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Just the key for me, but thanks to some of the posts here, I've been inspired to create my own knot/braid. Might do a small monkey's fist or lanyard knot.