What do you drive

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had a large assortment of vehicles over the years. Usually I drive what the type of vehicle I need at the time. I just recently traded in my Ford F250 4x4 Crew cab with an 8 foot bed for a Honda Element. I was using the pickup to help my dad with his ranch. He sold his ranch so I didn't need a big pickup any more. It makes a crummy commuter car. The Element is a mini SUV that gets fair fuel economy. I have really enjoyed driving the Element, even if it is one of the ugliest cars on the road! For my lifestyle I have found the Element to be very functional.
When I was in High School I bought a 1947 Pontiac Torpedo and rebuilt it. But while I was in the Navy my parents (without my permission) sold the car. I wish I had it today. My dream car? A 1932 Lincoln!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
My first and only car: (I am now 27)
96 honda civic hatchback
AEM intake
Magnaflow exhaust (not loud and fart canny)
eibach sportline springs and shocks
95 integra disc brakes all around (hawk pads brembo rotors)
Civic type r sway bars
short shifter
exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel
lightweight (11lbs a piece) OEM wheels
sumitumo htr 200 H/P tires
and much more to come (motor, turbo, paint, etc)

dream cars: (so many to choose just one)
96 civic hatchback ^see above just finished
68 camaro rs/ss
70 chevelle ss 454 (astro blue w/black stripes)
69 a/c cobra 427
70 challenger
72 demon w/a 440 4-barrell (dad's car)
NSX
Porshe 911 turbo
Rx-7 turbo
96 Supra turbo
Skyline GTR r34
mitsu evo <pick one i like em all
subaru STI
Bugatti EB110
Bugatti veyron
saleen s7 turbo
Too many ferrari's to name
Lambo Murcialago (sp)
Viper GTS
Corvette ZR1
'09 Camaro
whew! thats alot and not even half of them

And I always wanted a Yamaha R1 in Team Yamaha Blue (I might be able to afford that one!)

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
I drive a Diesel vw sharan 7 seater. Got to many kids (6) to drive anything sporty that we can all fit in. :(
A Bugatti Veron would look nice on the drive :thumbup:

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's mine.....and no, I'm not gay! :Flip:

DSC00025.jpg

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Best handling car i had was a vw golf gti mk2 on a A reg, 80000 miles on the clock, back in the early 1990s when i bought it so she was just run in.Best car in its class by far.O how i miss it :(

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My first vehicle when I first got it, '98 5.2L 5spd 4x4 posi flowmaster duals:

n12129329_32051154_5865.jpg

It and the bike now, westin brush gaurd BFG A/T's KC daylighers and toolbox, bike has scorps and FE kit:

n12129329_34929814_3596.jpg

My dream car, '69 Z/28 with the ralley sport package, my dad had this exact model and color:

Racine__Michael_1969_Chevrolet_Camaro.jpg

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I drive a 2000 Toyota Tacoma... was my first ever new vehicle and I plan on keeping it forever (it IS a Toyota after all) I think my dream car would be a Land Rover Defender 90 - sadly they only imported them into Canada for a couple of years, so nearly impossible to find, even if I could afford one...:(

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
LIES! My 07 Altima puts out 270hp with zero torque steer and it's frontwheel drive.

My dream car would have to be a 1985 De Lorean DMC-12 with a 1.21 GW flux capacitor, Mr Fusion reactor and hover-car conversion kit.

.....you said dream car, not real car :D

I have driven the 07 Altima as well as most others cars in the class, and any car with 200+ HP going to the front wheels has torque steer. Granted, there are manufactures that attempt to solve the problem by retarding the engine when the steering wheel is not straight, but it is always an issue. That is why the Altima/Maxima and Acura TL are the among most expensive front wheel drive cars you can buy. As you increase the purchase price (and usually power), the tendancy is to move towards AWD or RWD for more control and better handling: Think BMW, Benz, etc.....

It is for that reason alone that I purchased my 2005 Infiniti G35. More power than the TL or the Altima, but RWD, meaning zero torque steer.

And I agree with Whirlygirl, the Defender 90 is a great machine, if you can find one.

Last edited: