What do FZ6 riders graduate to in bikes?

09commuter

Reaction score
Visit site
Fz6 should be ur next bike!! Great after the 250 u have Now and easy on the wallet. The fz6r doesn't have to much power. The fz6 will keep u smiling for a while.

D

Dave.TX

I went from FZ6 as a first bike to a BMW K12GT, sport touring is more my thing. Now eyeing a dual sport bike like a DR650SE or DR-Z400S. The KLR 650 is just too much of a pig and not as dirt oriented as I like. Got to ride a friends KTM 690 Enduro on the street a bit and loved it. Got to ride a DRZ for a day too and loved it. Hoping to add a dual sport in early 2014. As for street, I keep saying I'd go the Ninja 1000 route next after the Beemer goes (which doesn't look like anytime soon). Besides my wife loves to ride two up on the Beemer and it's fantastic for that.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I went from FZ6 as a first bike to a BMW K12GT, sport touring is more my thing. Now eyeing a dual sport bike like a DR650SE or DR-Z400S. The KLR 650 is just too much of a pig and not as dirt oriented as I like. Got to ride a friends KTM 690 Enduro on the street a bit and loved it. Got to ride a DRZ for a day too and loved it. Hoping to add a dual sport in early 2014. As for street, I keep saying I'd go the Ninja 1000 route next after the Beemer goes (which doesn't look like anytime soon). Besides my wife loves to ride two up on the Beemer and it's fantastic for that.

Any photos of the K12GT?;)

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a 690 enduro r and love it. Proper makes me smile when riding it :D

andysadd

Reaction score
Visit site
It was sad selling the FZ-6 but after 4 years it was time for a new bike No regrets so far, The Sprint is a heavier bike so a little more difficult in the city centre but on the open road its fantastic

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought me a 2008 Aprilia Tuono a couple of weeks ago. I'll need to decide in the spring whether to keep the FZ6 or sell it. I'd like to keep it (it's much better for putting around town than the Ape) but I just don't know if I can justify it or not. Decisions, decision....

spectacle13

young wanderer
Reaction score
Visit site
i went to a 2009 aprilia tuono. the fz6 was ok, but this is a whole 'nother animal. literally, with pipes and map 2 the tuono is a snarling, torquey junkyard dog with a high revving rotax. I love it.

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
My next bike will be a 250 dual sport. 600cc is too much power for me and imo most people, it's hard for me to have fun on this bike without breaking the law. A nice Yamaha wr250... Maby a TW200.

D

Dave.TX

Here's the BMW as it is now:

DSC00027_zps0cbbc323.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a 2007 Suzuki DR650. I haven't ridden the beemer in a month now but have put hundreds of miles on the DR.

PC110026_zpsf3471e0e.jpg

85c9cf83-9e46-403b-95e0-14bcbd0ae023_zps9e1dbf5e.jpg

PC160028_zps133114f6.jpg

I live near a lot of farm and ranch land. There are some unpaved county roads within minutes. It's fun to be able to ride both paved and unpaved. The 650 can get up and move, more so than a 250 but the WR250R is no slouch at all (I've ridden one). I just prefer a bigger bike. I'm 6'4" and 205lbs. The DR has monster torque.

Those Aprilia Tuono's ARE monsters! I've ridden with a couple, they are really nice. I wouldn't mind riding a Shiver some day.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While I love my '07 FZ6, I'd been lusting over Aprilias for years, so I bought a 2008 Tuono with every intention of selling my Yamaha in the spring. The Ape is such a beast and an absolute blast to ride. But then I rode my FZ6 the other day, since it had been sitting a while, and I had forgotten just how civilized it is, especially around town. Now I'm trying to come up with a way to convince my better half why I should have two bikes. Hopefully selling my '58 Vette (on that I'm NOT changing my mind) will free up enough garage space to appease her.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
While I love my '07 FZ6, I'd been lusting over Aprilias for years, so I bought a 2008 Tuono with every intention of selling my Yamaha in the spring. The Ape is such a beast and an absolute blast to ride. But then I rode my FZ6 the other day, since it had been sitting a while, and I had forgotten just how civilized it is, especially around town. Now I'm trying to come up with a way to convince my better half why I should have two bikes. Hopefully selling my '58 Vette (on that I'm NOT changing my mind) will free up enough garage space to appease her.

Any photos of the Tuono, or vett???

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't read all the replies but I have had my FZ6 for almost 10 years and I have no plans to replace it. I don't like superbikes or GS type bikes, I won't buy a Harley, Kawasaki or Suzuki, so that cuts my choice to one, if I was forced at gunpoint (and handed the cash).... MT-09 :rockon:

Last edited:

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't read all the replies but I have had my FZ6 for almost 10 years and I have no plans to replace it. I don't like superbikes or GS type bikes, I won't buy a Harley, Kawasaki or Suzuki, so that cuts my choice to one, if I was forced at gunpoint (and handed the cash).... MT-09 :rockon:

You are correct sir, there is nothing wrong with your current bike, especially the color. :thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread but I'll bite! I have no plans to replace the FZ6 anytime soon but if I do it will be with the MT-09. I'll wait till they are a few years on the market and used ones can be snagged for $4K.

2013-yamaha-mt-09_600x0w.jpg