what colour to paint my wheels

cgarnett88

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 05 FZ6 bought it about a month ago last owner had it from new but never cleaned it, bike works perfectly just needed some touching up anyways iv painted the subframe an engine but the wheels need painting now.

I was gona be safe an gloss black em, but now im wondering what other colours would look good be for I go with a boring black, I was thinking about hammerite smooth red but iv no experience with this colour an how it looks?

you guys/girls any ideas for what colours might go well or if thw smooth red would look good?

iv attached a pic of the bike

Last edited:

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
You've got some good recommendations. I agree that gold or anthracite would look good. You may want to try plastidip instead of paint to see if you like them. Or just paint them black first and then dip over them to try out different colors.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
You've got some good recommendations. I agree that gold or anthracite would look good. You may want to try plastidip instead of paint to see if you like them. Or just paint them black first and then dip over them to try out different colors.

Also, you can try hydropainting/hydrographics, kind of cheap and available in different variations.
If you're in carbon fiber, you can get 'black and red' carbon fiber style.

cgarnett88

Reaction score
Visit site
gold was one of my thoughts too, that anthracite I s a good colour tho never thought of that, can I get that colour in hammerite or any other tought spray on paint?
plasti dip sounds like a good idea tho also is that expensive to do? never tried it

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
you can get anthracite and gold both in plastidip, you can also get a metalizer to go over the top. Our Meguires rep just did his VW wheels in anthracite and metalizer plasti and it looks great. Hides a lot of brake dust and road grime.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Think functional, then stylish. I have an 05 Black and Silver (Black wheels) but I alwaht loved the silver wheels they stopped making in 04. Then I ws talking to a pal who had an 04with the Silver wheels, and his stories (and his pictures) convinced me that you would spend all your time cleaning the road crud off them. Gold sounds beautiful, but I think the Black or the Anthracite might meanled time with the hose.

On anoter note, I LOVE a Red bike, but never thought it would look good with the 05's Silver engine and frame. Your picture set me straight. It looks GREAT! I need to think about a color change over the winter.

Post more pics please.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: