What clutch lever do you use?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, another thread got me thinking about this...I know that on a lot of bikes stock clutch levers tend to wear your hand out ( I've found this to be true on my off roaders and the street bikes I've ridden) and i wanted to see what you guys thought of the stock on the fz6 and/or whats better/what you guys use, I have seen adjustable levers and such but never actually used one, i know that us MX guys like intentionally breaking them to make them short, and i suspect thats what an adjustable one does but idk, new to the idea :) anyways thx ahead of time for looking/replying!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the CRG Shorty levers for the clutch and brake side. I do feel like they're smoother and give a little better feel for the friction zone, plus they are much more adjustable, but I don't feel like the pull is any easier. It's not any harder to pull the lever in, I just don't want you to buy them thinking that it will make your hands hurt any less. Then again, you could adjust them so that the lever is closer to the bar, making it a bit less stressful on your fingers/hands.

I think the best option is to get aftermarket levers and make sure that you lube the cable nice and good to get the best feel/adjustability.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get some ASVs for my SV but I don't think I'll go for the shorties.

The pazzos are very popular on the forum.
Someone chime in on the Pazzos!
Of course there are a lot of other aftermarket choices of lesser known brands but IDK much about them.

Edit: Also there's a member (killernoodle?) that sells an extension lever (on the actual clutch actuator) for the clutch that helps eliminate fatigue.

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PAZZOS
PAZZOS
PAZZOS

:steve:

First bike I've had them on and I love them - I have standard length ones.

Prebstar has had them on several bikes - all shortys. Again, loves them.

Adjusts 1 - 6.

Feel great.

Look great.

Sometimes comes down to budget though.

I love them.

There ya go Cliff :D

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Pazzos (Both Long). They look a ton better than the stock levers, and the adjustability is very nice for fine tuning it exactly where you want it. Only down side to the levers is the price. And also, I wouldn't want to drop the bike with these on. If the lever impacted the ground, I feel they would definitely break, where as the OEM levers can really take a beating! If you want some pictures of them on the bike, just let me know and I can snap a few.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the CRG Shorty levers for the clutch and brake side. I do feel like they're smoother and give a little better feel for the friction zone, plus they are much more adjustable, but I don't feel like the pull is any easier. It's not any harder to pull the lever in, I just don't want you to buy them thinking that it will make your hands hurt any less. Then again, you could adjust them so that the lever is closer to the bar, making it a bit less stressful on your fingers/hands.

I think the best option is to get aftermarket levers and make sure that you lube the cable nice and good to get the best feel/adjustability.
Yeah i'm not concerned too much about hands gettin tired, pretty used to it, 10 yrs of motocross will do that to ya i guess, was just curious as to what people prefer on street bikes, thanks for the info!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
@ aziebell Would love some pics! i've heard others say they look alot better than stock too but havent gotten the chance to see them on a bike yet

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Using eBay shorty specials (Pazza clones). Main reason I got them was to gain reach adjustment on clutch side.
The shorter the lever, the more effort it takes to squeeze it and FZ6 clutch isn't exactly light to begin with, but as long as I'm not stuck in stop-n-go traffic, they're great.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Since installing the Pazzo long levers on my FZ6, I haven't had any cramping in my clutch hand as I had previously with the OEM levers. Why Yamaha don't make the clutch side adjustable like the brake side is beyond me. What I find with the Pazzo's is a superior mechanical advantage achieved by the clever design of the lever angle, enhanced by the adjustability.
IOW, they rock!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Pazzo shorties, black levers with the blue adjusters. It's definitely one of the best mods I've done to the bike. While the pull may not be any easier, it's definitely smoother, and being able to adjust the levers in and out from the grips on the fly is a huge bonus.

Pics: (these were taken before I did the naked conversion...I think i actually took these to show off the Rizoma grips, IIRC). :thumbup:

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg