went for an early morning ride

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
i got up early this morning to go out for a ride with my dad before it got too awful hot around here. it was a nice 2 hour trip down some back roads and a couple of larger ones. he is still learning to ride, and i've been helping as much as i can (even though i'm quite the newby myself, i just have several hundred more miles than he does). we had an interesting run-in with a red light that refused to turn green, even after a cager pulled up behind us. we thought that would trigger the light, but it didn't. after waiting about 5 minutes or so, we just decided to run it :spank: it was a small back road though, with no traffic other than ourselves and the vehicle behind us.
we ended up at a small lake with a nice view in the back of an old town. just thought i'd share a small story of an early morning ride :)
the red bike in the pics is my dad's 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate those lights..I have one around the corner from my work. The only way I found to get through it is to run it. :eek:

thanks for sharing the pic's

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice picts!

I love early morning rides too. And - had a similar situation with a light about a week ago. We were in town though and both my hubby and I were sitting side by side at the light - and had another bike directly across from us. No light change - sat there for about 3 minutes and when the coast was clear motored through.

I am pretty sure that in our cycle class, they said that was legal if you didn't get a light change and you had sat there for a certain amount of time.

Adrenaline Junkie

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah there's so many of those smart sensing lights around me, i have to run at least one every time i ride. stupid engineers don't think about motorcycles...

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
You're so lucky to be able to ride with your Dad!! I'm jealous! I lost my dad in 1979. He did buy me a couple mini bikes and a Suzuki 125!! Be thankfull.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just wait one cycle then just run it if no one is around. I did come up on one but the traffic was real heavy, I finally pulled forward so the cager behind me would trigger the sensor, I didn't want to see the mess that I left behind me. It wasn't very pretty. :cheer: