100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Practice.

home at last. goodnight all.
d3e6208f.jpg

Dirk you get the high mileage award, unless Lone can top that. You beat me by 250 miles.

P1010040.jpg

Here's what I logged yesterday, my final push back to Vegas. Keep in mind, the miles posted here is with all the stops shown from my pictures in the next post.

P1010041.jpg

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lone, glad you're home safe and sound after your long ride. Thanks for including me in a small part of it. :thumbup:
Kenny, get home soon and with a couple of days rest, change your oil and I'll see you for the SoCal ride next weekend. :D
P.S. Thanks for all the great photos you posted from your trip.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Rolled out of Bozeman Montana at 0900. Arriving in West Yellowstone about 100 miles later. While stopped at McDonald's, I met this rider, his name is George and he's from Austria! He flew into Seattle, bought this BMW GS1200 (used) and has been AV riding for over two months. He has been EVERYWHERE! He is here for another month, then he's selling the bike & heading back home.
P1000967.jpg

Then I noticed my dreambike across the lot. The 2010 Ducati 1200 Multi-Strada. They are from Dallas Texas. This rider owns five bikes, including two BMW's, and several cruisers. He said he no longer rides any of them, as this bike put all of them to shame. The bike is that good.
P1000970.jpg

Entrance to the park, it was a free entrance weekend. What timing.
P1000971.jpg

About Yellowstone, tons of wildlife. This is a picture of a Bison, lucky for me he/she didn't fart!
P1000973.jpg

Lots of geysers around the park in addition the Famous Old Faithful.
P1000984.jpg

Here is a fact. The best way to visit any National Park is via motorcycle. Parking is never an issue. You get to smell & feel the fresh air and get the best views while cruising versus being inside of a car.

Parked near Old Faithful, there were hundreds, maybe thousands here.

P1000987.jpg

It was a dud. Actually, the wind caused the steam to blow in my direction, preventing a good shot.
P1000994.jpg

P1000996.jpg

Rolling towards Grand Teton National Park. Got to love that Throttlemeister, if you're right handed of course.
P1010004.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Grand Tetons.

P1010023.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P10100302-1.jpg

Finally arrived in Jackson Wyoming. I caught the return traffic from Sturgis, this town was inundated with Harleys. Stopped here for lunch.

P1010033.jpg

P1010034.jpg

The bike ran like a champ! Throttlemeister was a life saver. Being able to use the frame sliders to stretch my legs and rest them for a while in a cruising position allowed me to ride so many miles with ease. My heated vest was a life savor too.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Deja Vu!

A lot of those pics look real familiar! Glad you made it home safe Kenny.
Wish you guys could have zipped thru Colorado.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that Dirk's map has a lot of empty spots towards the NW and upper mountain west regions. LOL...

Maybe we will all meet in Colorado next year for Part II.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All I can say is you guys are warriors! Great to see everyone is home safe!
Thanks for the great pictures and it was great meeting Lone and Krid in person. This is the 3rd time Kenny and I have met.
Lisa and I caged it up to Monterey this weekend and saw a lot of what you guys took pictures of.
Again you all did an awesome ride and thanks for taking the forum with you!:rockon:

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Come to Canada. I am toying around with the idea of an Alaska to California ride. Capped off this time with a LAGUNA SECA track day finally.