Weird handlebar question

Andrewman

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that when I am going straight ahead on my new '07 FZ6 that the handlebars are turned to the right a tad bit.

Also, when I turn the handlebars back and forth to full lock, the end of the handlebar is closer to the tank on the right side than on the left side.

Anyone else noticed this?

Is this just the way they are, or is there some way to fix it? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that when I am going straight ahead on my new '07 FZ6 that the handlebars are turned to the right a tad bit.

Also, when I turn the handlebars back and forth to full lock, the end of the handlebar is closer to the tank on the right side than on the left side.

Anyone else noticed this?

Is this just the way they are, or is there some way to fix it? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Has your bike fallen over? Or has some thing bumped your front wheel? It sounds to me like you have a twist in your fork. To fix this all you need to do is find something firm, ie: corner of a brick house, etc. and with the handle bars whack the side of the tire against the house, the opposite way you need it to go. Sounds kinda crude but it works.

Does you bike track straight when you ride it with no hands? If it does not that is an indication that your bike is not aligned correct from being bumped, or falling over.

Good luck.

Andrewman

Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing that I "did" was adjust the steering head preload at 600 miles. I am guessing that when I torqued the upper fork clamp bolt (the big chrome one) with someone holding the forks to keep them from moving, that this did it.

I am going to loosen the upper clamp back up, and have someone help me twist the forks back the other way.

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Don't whack your tire and rim to straighten your front end all you need to do is. put on center stand . loosen the fork mount bolt`s on the triple tree and the front end will straighten it self .