Weekend Mishap = Me as a burn victim (w/ Pics)

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait until your facial hair grows out and gets that itchy feeling, you want shave but you can't, then one day you'll rub your face to stop the itching, and your body will remind you it's burned, oohh yeah! not trying to be a smart @ss, just remembering what happend last year when I got a bad case of freezer burn at work, best of luck.

marsh0787

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you heal fast!

On a side note, someone I know started a fire using gas. They left a trail away from the fire to avoid what happened to you. Long story short, the gas spread out on the wet grass and created a flash fire which resulted in some pretty bad burns.

Best idea is to avoid the use of gas but I can't say that I take my own advise.

Crax

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a bonfire expert at all, but if you're going to use some liquid help, wouldn't lighter fluid be much safer than gasoline?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In big ol' dad voice " how many times have I told you NOT to play with matches?"

jeez it looks nasty.
I just started to write about what I used to get up to with Petrol and fire, then thought better of it, shouldn't promote anything that could cause kids to follow suit. Just to say it was pretty risky, and I was pretty lucky( very lucky!)
Hope you heal well

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ill be honest.. i popped the blister on my pinky finger.. i didn't want to, but it was keeping my hand in a curved position and it was getting really freakin old.. otherwise today my face is pealing nicely.. I would look great in a Halloween costume contest.. not to much pain at all today, but i have yet to jump in the shower so im sure im in for it there..

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.. like i said, if i deter one of you from making the same stupid mistake, then good... :thumbup:

oh.. and yea, i could really use a shave.. haven't figured out how that's going to work yet...

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, a shower is probably the worse idea right now. You'll end up prematurely exfoliating all of the skin that will eventually slough off in time that is helping keep you from getting infection. The important thing is to be seen by a doctor who specializes in wound care and/or burns. They'll give you special ointments to help keep as much skin healthy as possible and reduce your risk of infection.

I'd hold off on the shaving for a bit as well... be a warewolf for halloween

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well i don't want to stink the whole time.. basically my setup is like this.. wake up.. shower.. let everything sit out for like 1 - 1 1/2 hours with no coverings.. then apply silver sulfadizine (spelling) to hand and arm and wrap in bandages (gauze and those ouch free absorb pads).. go about 14 -16 hours then uncover, wash (in tub under running water and no soap), then rewrap with just gauze and absorb pads.. then repeat next day.. if any medical people have any better advice, im all ears...

oh and i have one big can of monster (energy drink) in the am.. along with a vitamin e.. at dinner i take a multi vitamin and another vitamin e. ..

arm and hand look a lot better today.. face is about 1/2 pealed (pealed on its own and in shower).. the pain isnt bad at all anymore, except when i let my arm rest for a while and then move it or stretch it out if its been sitting bent.. no pain really in the hand, and face is just itchy with no pain.. really want to shave, but im waiting at least 1 more week.. besides, ive never had a stash or beard so it will be interesting to see... :thumbup:

Todays ugly mug shot (notice half my eyebrow missing :( )

IMG_0083.jpg

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a reasonable routine. When bathing/cleaning/showeing, just try to avoid actually rubbing the skin. Like I said before, you want it to fall off on its own as the skin underneath it heals.

Considering what the first picture of your face was like, looks like you are healing pretty well! Keep up the good work and just be patient.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a bonfire expert at all, but if you're going to use some liquid help, wouldn't lighter fluid be much safer than gasoline?

Lighter fluid is much more expensive and not readily available when you wish to start a fire...plus then you'll be out of fluid next time you want to BBQ!

Diesel fuel is best...it won't flash fire.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Painful way to learn a lesson. I have second and third degree burns on my legs which leaves me with a daily reminder to be careful playing with fire.

I hope your road to recovery goes well.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch sounds like you learned a lesson the hard way, your healing up nicely. I've heard that vitamin E oil can be rubbed on the scars after you have healed to minimize the look of the scars.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch sounds like you learned a lesson the hard way, your healing up nicely. I've heard that vitamin E oil can be rubbed on the scars after you have healed to minimize the look of the scars.

I am i big advocate of vitamin E... i use it on all sorts of cuts (same way, rub it on) and it usually speeds up the recovery.. as for scars, i think my face will be free of them (maybe just some small, barely noticeable.. as for the hand, could go either way, but looks like it will be fine.. arm is a different story.. im sure it will look funky for a while.. have to wait and see.. :thumbup: