Wednesday July 10th Big Bear

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a bit of a ride to get to the bakery. I think I'm ready to go. Clothes laid out, day pack filled, tires checked, gas tank full...

Had mexican food and a beer for dinner hoping it would make me sleepy. It is about to go to work.

See you in the morning looking something like this --> :cheer: but with helmet hair.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I'm missing this ride with my great friends! :(

You all have the greatest ride! :)

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I'm home, didn't have far to go from where we had lunch:thumbup:, and we had a fun ride, weather was overcast so no bright sun to fry our brains and traffic was light if not a little slow, oh well we got to enjoy the scenery.
Ready for the next adventure:D:thumbup:
Didn't take to many photo's but here are a few--

Jerry

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"Sleep" is not the first thing that comes to mind

Dear Erci - Double rice, no beans :BLAA:

We had a great day. Nice scenery, great food, good friends. Although...looking at the pictures, why do I look like the only one who was having fun? :eek:

Highlights for me:
  • Sunrise start, 2 hr ride, then the payoff: The Corner Bakery YUM!
  • Brave ducklings
  • Hwy 18 South point of interest - ah, the memories (Wavex you were with us in spirit!)
  • Cali rider waving goodbye on the freeway with his right foot, or was that the Hokey Pokey? :D
  • Slow way home via Hemet & Sage Rd (except for asphalt barfed all over several tight turns :eyebrow:)
  • Baby horses outside Hemet
  • Oak Grove Grouches crack me up!

Gentlemen, thank you for a great day! Let's do it - or something like it - again soon.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
It was a very nice day to ride. Don't be deceived by the lack of smiles Jennifer, all us old guys feel a bit self-conscious when being photographed...

The lunch at The Cottage was an unexpected surprise, this will be a regular stop in the future. The ride was as usual up the 38, light traffic on a weekday. After lunch Jennifer and I continued down the 18 into the soupy mess of San Bernardino, picking our way through the maze of vehicles with precision and fun. And then rain entering Orange County...

Lets do another ride soon. Like next week!

And this is a great picture...
49083d1373490008-wednesday-july-10th-big-bear-p1020710-1024x768-.jpg

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't mean to pick on you both. I'd hate to think you didn't have a good time riding with me, 'cause I sure enjoy riding with you. And I have my reputation to consider :thumbup:

Just checked my calendar and I can make any day work except Friday. Where to next? ACH? GMR? Something new?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I always have a great time riding with you. :thumbup:
If you want we can ride up toward Baldy and ride Glendora Ridge Rd across and then down to East Fork Rd and over and up to Crystal Lake for lunch. And this time I want to see if there is any water in the lake:D
Meet up at Day Creek Park again at what time.
I can't chew gun and walk at the same time so in the above pic I'm concentrating on pushing the shutter button and forgot to smile:spank:

Jerry

And Wed. would be a good day for me.

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And yet I always seem to be the one shooting my mouth off

I think Cali said Wednesdays don't work as well for him...

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Calling Cali Rider? Are you in Cali Rider? :)

If you can't make it on Tuesday, Jerry and I will ride Wednesday instead. We were just trying to pick a day you could join us. (Glendora etc.)