Water Leaking from water pump

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

For the past week I've noticed that water drips from a hole in the back of my water pump.

I doubt if this is normal. So what can I do ????

Tanxx

Hi,

For the past week I've noticed that water drips from a hole in the back of my water pump.

I doubt if this is normal. So what can I do ????

Tanxx

The water pump is failing/failed. There are bearings inside but its usually the mechanical seal that fails/leaks... IMHO, I'd definitly replace the oil seal as well, bearing too if needed(cheap enough to just replace it for piece of mind)

Unfortunatly Yamaha doesn't sell an entire pump, pre-assembled, so you'll have to purchase the parts separatly to fix yours. Its a fairly simple assembly. Do not ignore the leak, it will get worse...

The below link is the water pump assembly for an 2007 model:

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ6 - FZS6W WATER PUMP Diagram

BTW, this company does ship overseas and here in the states, has excellent prices (and no, I don't work for them but have used them).

Last edited:
The water pump is failing/failed. There are bearings inside but its usually its the mechanical seal that fails/leaks... IMHO, I'd definitly replace the oil seal as well, bearing too if needed(cheap enough to just replace it for piece of mind)

Unfortunatly Yamaha doesn't sell an entire pump, pre-assembled, so you'll have to purchase the parts separatly to fix yours. Its a fairly simple assembly. Do not ignore the leak, it will get worse...

The below link is the water pump assembly for an 2007 model:

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ6 - FZS6W WATER PUMP Diagram

BTW, this company does ship overseas and here in the states, has excellent prices (and no, I don't work for them but have used them).

Nice! I'll see what I can do about that

The link was really helpful too

Back