wasnt easy

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
For a while now, I have been riding my dads kawasaki vulcan 900. Its the touring package with all the bags and so forth. Anyway, dad was talking about buying one for me but I have the fz6, which he never liked anyway. So, my brothers girlfriends son, got the red hots for my fz6 and offered me 5,000 for it. I took the money and will signing the title for to him monday. With the 5k, and what my dad will put in, I will be getting a brand new kawasaki vulcan 900 of my very own. As much as I love my fizzer, I can honestly say the ride on the vulcan is superb, I love the nimble handling and the power is very good too. Although I'm really going to miss my fz6, I feel later on down the road i'll have another in my garage, or maybe ever a FZ1. I sure hope i'd be welcome on this forum even though I dont have ownership of my fz6 anymore. I guess as all things happen for a reason, and even though you all say the fz6 is not a learning bike, I did in fact learn a lot about riding on my fz6. I also had some of the most fun on that bike, as well as the deepest fear. I survived :rockon:

S

sportrider

stick around, there are a few people that don't have an FZ6, some never did. as has been expressed to me, this place has developed from an FZ6 only site to a place for like minded riders. enjoy your new bike!!!:thumbup:

W

wrightme43

Cool Neil,

Have a blast with it. If its got two wheels its pretty cool.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for being supportive. I just took the good luck bell off my fz6 , the funny thing about it is, when i did the oil change, i was trying to get the bell off but the knot just would not come undone. You see, I tied it right next to the oil filter, i was able to work around it though. Well, i just took it off and it almost fell right off. Funny how its just superstition but the way it worked out, its like my bike knew it was going to have a new owner, and the bell must have known too.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new ride (in the near future)! I'm sure everyone will be cool with you being here on the site even being Fizzer-less! Again, congrats!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
You're selling your YAMAHA to get a kawasaki? Dude what a bummer! Skip the kawi and get the FZ1.

Just kidding, remember those crusiers ain't no sportbike. Handling, brakes etc. Enjoy.

H

HavBlue

Dang, I guess that means I'll have to bring the Sporty or the Roadstar up next time we are headed your way. Welcome to the cruiser world Hunter. I hope you enjoy it as it is a completely different world.

Gooid luck and post some pics of the new ride.

Charlie

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For a while back there I thought you were going to win the FZ6 debate. As Steve says two wheels is two wheels.
I hope you enjoy both the bike but also the tranquility that you have now bestowed on your family.

Nelly

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike. I'm just coming from a cruiser to the FZ6. If I had stayed with cruisers, the Vulcan 900 would have been my next bike. By all accounts it's an excellent bike.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
You're selling your YAMAHA to get a kawasaki? Dude what a bummer! Skip the kawi and get the FZ1.

Just kidding, remember those crusiers ain't no sportbike. Handling, brakes etc. Enjoy.

Its kind of funny, on the fz6, although I didnt mind scooting pretty good on the freeway, I never did ride her to her capability. So I guess going to a cruiser is an easy step. I kind of rode the fz6 like a cruiser. As far as braking, I never pushed anything, so the stopping distance I was used to on the fz6 is similar to the vulcan 900. I will practice emergency braking though. I watched my brother come to a screeching hault when he almost hit a suv at an intersection, the tires squealed and a potentially tense moment passed and we had a good laugh at his rubber necking a very lovely woman with big you know whats on a ninja sportbike. I can say one thing, the vulcan 900's throttle response is very very smooth, so smooth in fact that I can handle the bike with more authority. The fz6 power is hard to lock in for me, its such a temperamental and touchy high revving engine.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just dont convert it into a trike and you've got my blessing :)

those are very good bikes, my neighbors got one and if i were looking to get a cruiser (which i wont until im 75) it would be up there in the to-buy list.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool bike:

2007-Kawasaki-Vulcan900Classicc.jpg

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
My dad and my brother both have the same bike. My dad and my brother have both laid the bike down, interestingly because they forgot to put down the kick stand. The foot floorboards instead of foot pegs, stopped the bike from leaning over, and didnt get much in the way of scratches. Its amazing that the foot boards can hold the weight of the bike, but thats a plus. The bike is really amazing to ride, especially at low speeds, it really inspires confidence. The throttle roll on is pretty stout, the torque is pretty amazing. I do have to say, the fz6 is much superior in ride comfort on the interstate, you have a lot more wiggle room, on the vulcan, your stuck in that same position until you get off. Makes for a very sore ar$e, will be looking at an after market seat upgrade in the very near future. The bike is also very very quiet. Will need new pipes too.

W

wrightme43

Yeah but now you gotta get a leather vest. I mean its the only way. LOL LOL LOL

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Ewie a Kawasucki
naw I'm just joshin'
Not a Kawi fan, I'd have spent the nearly $10K on a late model Road Star if I were getting a cruiser or bit the bullet and got a small loan to buy a Raider. Now those are hot!

08raider_blk_6a_202a4f5a.jpg