Wanted: Wider rear passenger pegs

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Wanted: 2007+ rear passenger pegs

Hello everybody!

Well, the story is simple, tha lady constantly complains that her passenger pegs are causing her feet/legs to get numb after 45min-1hr of riding with me.
I can understand her because the 2005 FZ6-S I have has very narrow metal pegs.
I've noticed that the redesigned 2007-2009 models feature rear passenger pegs that are like the front ones, wider and with a rubber cover where the foot rests.
Are the new ones compatible with the old ones, can I simply swap them with mine?
If the answer is yes... Does anyone have a set to offer?
Maybe people that have removed their own?

Thank you!

P.S. If you'd like to PM me an offer, I live in Greece so please add the costs to ship here as well! :)

Last edited:

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
On the SBN forum I saw someone suggesting using the pegs from an FZ6R. You could also try a footpeg lowering kit and see if the changed leg position would help...?

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I've seen those footpeg lowering kits but I think they're too expensive... :/
I like this: Yamaha FZ6 Rear Lowering Foot Peg Blocks
Those are exactly the pegs I'm looking for, right there.
Also like in the following photo, on the right (those are powdercoated though):
fp1.jpg

The FZ6R pegs look good, they must be similar to the 2007+ FZ6 pegs that I'm looking for but not the same pattern...

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have pegs but my girlfriend used to complain about the same thing, then she got some boots. Perhaps another way to solve the problem.

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think she'll like wearing boots under the hot summer sun! :p
I'm still looking for those... I found some cheap ones but they don't have this "clicking" mechanism with the small ball inside and they don't align perfectly...

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI aftermarket pegs for the '98 (or so) FZ600 will fit. I have those on now after randomly getting lucky driving around town looking for options when I needed pegs same-day.

You will have to bolt them in tight though so they won't have the same spring-lever movement action the stock pegs do. But they are a bit wider depending on the aftermarket option you pick.

Mine are pink right now.

STFU.

:D

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Pink is good! LOL! :D

I got an aftermarket pegs set for TDM900 that just bolt on tightly and are same shape/size as the driver pegs but they don't align/open 100% right and I don't like that small angle! :Flip: