Wanted to say hello and thanks for the forum

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Hello, my name is John. I am 43, the father of two beautiful daughters (15 & 16), my wife is a firefighter and I am an educator. I have a BA in Anthropolgy from UCSB.

I bought my 2006 FZ6, in Shift Red, brand new 2 years ago, it is my first street bike, I chose the FZ6 for the upright position and have not regretted it. I have put 18,000 miles on it in the past two years, including a round trip from California to Missouri, it is a comfortable bike, but that trip was rough, I averaged about 500 miles a day (wish I would have seen that seat modification thread before that trip).

I just ran across this forum last week and have seen and read some very cool things. After 2 years of riding it OEM I am ready for some mods, I have already started with some of the step by step threads I have seen in this forum, cut down the rear hugger and opened up the intake on the airbox, thanks for the How to's.

I really like the look of Wolfmans Naked Bike and am thinking about going in that direction, definitely want some new slip ons, nothing real loud, just that nice powerful rumble, I've been looking at the Two Brothers, M4, and Scorpions, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all of the info you guys and gal's have posted, I look forward to learning more as I surf the forums.

Thanks!

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!! As for exhausts, I have the Two Brothers Titanium with the DB inserts and love the sound and performance. Other fairly inexpensive mods would be frame sliders, grips, air filter, painted stock exhaust shield. LuckyIrishBoy has some really nice pegs that he fabricates himself and sells as well; might want to look up on the forum for some pictures of them.

Once again, :welcome:

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I may try to hit Missouri from the east coast this summer. We'll see.

V

VDITRAINING

we know you got them......pics of the wife in lingerie and bunker gear tout suite....or face a :ban: