Wanted to get some ideas for some parts to make for our bikes.

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
Every one knows that i make the custom foot pegs for our bike, but i want to do more then that, if any one has any ideas on some stuff that i can make for our bikes pleae let me know. And a big thakes to every one who supported me and my foot pegs:

txa1562

Reaction score
www.jmk2media.com
I don't know what you're able to do, but the first thing that came to my mind was a radiator cover...not the side ones, but a front one to replace the stock plastic one.

rickawd

Reaction score
Visit site
How about a new side stand or attachments. I'd like a side extension for my short legs. But the touratech style wider foot would be nice too.

See pic
kaoko%20kbc058%20side%20stand%20enlarger%20varadero%20motoraid.jpg

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Frame sliders and Fender Eliminator kits. One similar to the FAZR6 kit for the FZ6, FZ6R and FZ1 would be awesome!

If you could figure out no cut sliders for the FZ6R in a hurry, you'd make a killing here because everyone, including me, is looking for a set. Get some Delrin stock and start up the lathe! :D

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
big ditto to this. i have to work to get my kickstand down. i've thought about just welding something on it that sticks out but i don't want it to look bad and i'm not sure what exactly to do.

How about a new side stand or attachments. I'd like a side extension for my short legs. But the touratech style wider foot would be nice too.

See pic
kaoko%20kbc058%20side%20stand%20enlarger%20varadero%20motoraid.jpg

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about a saddlebag support for older(pre 07) fizzers, or frame plugs, or tricked out handlebar riser covers, or a friggin cup holder!

Last edited:

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
i havent seen any wind gurds for our hands. may make it look like a dirt bike a little but on a early april morning, it would be nice to be able to feel my hands when i get to work.

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the easy-to-use kickstand idea, but something I've looked for and haven't found...

quick-adjuste handle bars!! :rockon:

Something that can be adjusted up, down, forward, and aft would be great for me. Say you're taking a trip to the mountains 2 hours away, have them in touring mode and you have a nice comfy ride. Once you get there, loosen a couple quick release clamps and bam, you have a sport set up to grind through the twisties (of course I'm not thinking of doing this while riding, it'd be a pull over for 30 second kind of quick).

I have some ideas of how this could work, but don't have the shop right now to make it happen. Let me know if you want some sketches.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what you're able to do, but the first thing that came to my mind was a radiator cover...not the side ones, but a front one to replace the stock plastic one.

Excellent idea! That cheap looking plastic thing is well...cheap looking.

Great ideas everyone.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
.quick-adjuste handle bars!! :rockon:

Something that can be adjusted up, down, forward, and aft would be great for me. Say you're taking a trip to the mountains 2 hours away, have them in touring mode and you have a nice comfy ride. Once you get there, loosen a couple quick release clamps and bam, you have a sport set up to grind through the twisties (of course I'm not thinking of doing this while riding, it'd be a pull over for 30 second kind of quick).es.

Look into ConvertiBars.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
My top 5 would be:-

Rearset adapter plates to move them forward
Radiator cover
Coloured front brake & clutch levers (may be hard)
Frame plugs
Coloured rear brake/gear shifter

:thumbup:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Figure out a way to block off the mirror mounts on a pre-'07 so that it wouldn't look so bad if you wanted to use bar end mirrors instead. IMO, this is the only really bad thing about the faired '04-'06 FZ6, how the windshield is integrated around the mirror mounts and pretty much looks like crap if you take the stock mirrors off.

I don't think it would be that hard, really. Some sort of plate that "fills in" the oval shaped hole in the windshield when the mirrors are off. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills or machinery to make this happen.

*edit* Here's the space I'm talking about. You would just need a plate that would mount over the existing holes and that was thick enough to either be flush with the windshield or even come through just a bit above it. I grabbed this photo from another post and this is a Puig wind shield, although I don't think the cut out in the stock windshield is much different.

1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
This one is easy - Clutch and brake levers. They should be a one piece section, but could be made stylish, lightweight but cheaper than those available commercially. I mean, how much are pazzo's etc??? They would fly off the shelves