Wanted, OEM rear tire

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
I just discovered a staple in my rear tire,and i dont like riding on a plug.

I would be willing to buy your old take off OEM tire as long as it was in good condition.

I dont have the cash for a new tire, so thats why im looking for a used one in good condition.

Thanks!

W

wrightme43

Bridgestone BT-020 OEM Replacement Rear Tire - Motorcycle Superstore

Is that to much money? I dont know if you have dunlops or bridgestones. Its really not that hard to change a tire, but you have to tire spoons, lube, valve core tool, bead breaker, wieghts, and stands to balance it.

If you can find someone that has the stuff near you, and you can afford the tire, a pizza or some other fair exhange can usually be worked out.

I have a new Avon Storm coming for 153$ Its about half of what the dealers want.

Just thought I would throw it out to you, dont know if thats to much money or not.

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
ill probably end up with a new tire, i just figured in case somebody has some oems sitting in their garage that they arent going to use..

thanks, ill probably be ordering the bt-020 tire...i use my bike for commuting and so that seems to be a good all around tire.

thanks!

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
dang..i just realized i have the oem dunlops...and im not into mixing tires...

so i either get another crappy dunlop or i spring for a pair of new tires....my current tires only have 2500 miles on them!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I have mixed tires with no problems as long as you use a good quality tire and don't tell the bike you will be fine.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have mixed tires with no problems as long as you use a good quality tire and don't tell the bike you will be fine.

I have also mixed tires and you should not have any issues as long as you keep them as the same compound.

Example, if you have a soft tire in the rear and a medium or hard up front you could find yourself washing out the front end. or vice versa, but only if you are riding near the limits of either tire.

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
based on what ive read, i ordered a bt021 today...im looking for a long wearing good commuting tire, and hopefully this will work out.