Video of Central California ride with Cali Rider & Lefty

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's one of the best vids I've seen! Awesome ride friends! Wow!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks David for all your hard work with the editing of all the video footage and still pictures. You're a master at videography! :rockon:
All I can say is that this 4 day ride was perfect in every way. :thumbup:
I've already watched the movie 4 times in a row and I'll have it shown at my wake someday to show one of the highlights of my life.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely amazing guys. Just showed this to my wife and she realizes why I talk about the riding back in Cali so fondly.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! It was fun having multiple camera angles to edit with... next time we'll have to be a bit more coordinated (using the Sena communicators) so we can have more of it (the few times we had footage at the same time was just luck this time, and it took a lot of time to sift through all the video files and find those moments...).

I was pissed I thought I had the deer running next to us for a mile and then crossing the road right in front of us, but none of us had that recorded :(

I also thought I had footage looking backwards at you guys when we rode through the military base, but nothing there either...

Thanks David for all your hard work with the editing of all the video footage and still pictures. You're a master at videography! :rockon:
All I can say is that this 4 day ride was perfect in every way. :thumbup:
I've already watched the movie 4 times in a row and I'll have it shown at my wake someday to show one of the highlights of my life.

:BLAA::rockon:

So when's the next ride? Will talk to John tonight to get the discussions started :)

PPieter

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome video, makes me miss my summer riding trips with friends :( Those days/week are always epic.

It's almost freezing here, so no biking for the next 4 months..
Damn I should move to some some bike-friendlier country :D :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just watched again...
David you :rockon:

I sent a link to a good friend who doesn't even ride and he was blown away by the quality and content of the video. :thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was pissed I thought I had the deer running next to us for a mile and then crossing the road right in front of us, but none of us had that recorded :(

Thank goodness Cali rider and I were talking to you via our Sena headsets to warn you about deer doing stupid stunts. :eek:
I've never had a young doe running along side me at top speed for more than a mile only to cross directly in front of us....

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah without you 2 and the Senas, I would have worn that dear on my headlight :)

Lefty, plz msg me your address again so I can mail you the memory card back...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you :)

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Which GoPro and Contour was in use?

The video color/brightness/quality seemed to strongly favor the GoPro. I'm looking to start motovlogging and am having a hard time deciding. Looking for real input from users.

Awesome video, thanks for posting.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
The GoPro is the HD version, but not the latest. My Contour is the basic 1060p version. I think the setting was on 4:3 on Lefty's GoPro, VS 16:9 on mine, both were running 1080p HD (I think Lefty's was too), and I had my setting on 60fps to help with vibrations. Not sure what Lefty's precise settings were (John?).

Quality is comparable, maybe a bit better on the GoPro. The Contour was mounted on the forks, quite low and prone to vibs...

I much prefer the ergos and mounts of the Contour, but both have their quirks...

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The GoPro is the HD version, but not the latest. My Contour is the basic 1060p version. I think the setting was on 4:3 on Lefty's GoPro, VS 16:9 on mine, both were running 1080p HD (I think Lefty's was too), and I had my setting on 60fps to help with vibrations. Not sure what Lefty's precise settings were (John?).

Quality is comparable, maybe a bit better on the GoPro. The Contour was mounted on the forks, quite low and prone to vibs...

I much prefer the ergos and mounts of the Contour, but both have their quirks...

My settings on the GoPro were 4:3 as David surmised;
Resolution was 960 (1280X960) 30 fps. I don't know why I wasn't running full 1080 HD (just dumb I guess) and that would have changed mine to 16:9 same as David's.

Hope this helps..