Victory Demo ride

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Rode 2 hrs to Sudbury (Ontario) to have a look at the new Victory bikes. Trying to narrow down what I want in the way of 2 up touring. Spent about 2 hours riding 4 diff Victory bikes. I can honestly say that the next touring bike I buy won't be a Victory. Had some good qualities and kinda fun to ride a bike with adj. windshield, stereo and heated hand/seat.
But when you look at the fit and finish of these bikes (and they are asking $20k and over) it's hard to justify.
Got back on my 2005 FZ6 and (although it ain't perfect) I had a blast riding home. Can't say that about the Victory.....although they claim it in their ads.
Anyone else ride a Victory ....past or present?
Anyone else have a 2up touring bike?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden Victory Hammer S. The idea, I think, is to have an American-made machine, which costs less than a Harley, is as cool as Harley and way more dependable. I think it does well to address all of the above.
I prefer sport touring bikes, but if I wanted a cruiser I'd definitely consider Victory.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got back on my 2005 FZ6 and (although it ain't perfect) I had a blast riding home. Can't say that about the Victory.....although they claim it in their ads.
Anyone else ride a Victory ....past or present?
Anyone else have a 2up touring bike?

I thought my FZ6 was a 2-up touring bike! With some limitations...

I have not ridden a victory, or any reasonably modern, or remotely sought-after cruiser. I also have not yet ridden a bike that didn't make me happy to ride an FZ6 after, either. :) But there are some bikes I'm afraid to ride for that reason. :S

I'll say this though, the (BMW) R1200GS is a stable platform. For adventure touring or mounting an assault on an enemy-held hilltop. Maybe one of the best possible bikes for a Mad Max-type situation. It's not real exciting on a twisty road, though. But I haven't ridden the Super Tenere, or the Versys, V-Strom, etc. For my money I always buy Japanese. I've been tempted by the Buell sportbikes, and of course Italian bikes, and the Triumph Triple motor sounds great, but even with most modern bikes being MUCH more reliable than their reputations of 20 years ago, I still don't want to own a niche-market and/or European-type.

Also, I don't want to sound anti-cruiser, 'cause I'm really not, but what's keeping you away from more turn-friendly bikes like sport tourers? It it the high passenger seat?

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Really trying to buy North American...preferably Union made....but that is a really difficult task.
mikw73....I did ride the Super T a few weeks back. Really is quite a bike. Does everything most would ever ask for....even 2 up. $16k is the starting price....thats bare bones.

Black_Cirrus

Reaction score
Visit site
I really wanted to go to the Victory demo day here but it got cancel due to weather and I found out about it to late on the reschedule. That said I did make the Yamaha ride and after a ride on an FJR and an R6 I was happy with my FZ6. The FJR seat was to wide made my hip feel spread out and the R6 seems like it would be less fun daily but was pretty fun. I still need to get my brother to finish the break in on his '12 Victory I think its a Hammer S, so I can ride it.