Vegemite For Beginners.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's been some discussion of the correct technique for spreading vegemite in a thread in the OZ section. I decided the easiest way for people to learn to use Vegemite without "overspreading", and consequently turning themselves off it for life, was to make a video......well, without further ado.....here it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw7hDQU_aKc]YouTube - Vegemite For Beginners.avi[/ame]

:D

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words. Thought I'd try to make it entertaining:D.

Vegemite has a savoury flavour, all its own. Most spreads are sweet, so part of the problem for the un-initiated is the surprise. They wad a huge clump on their finger and taste it...lol...mouth puckers up like a cats backside...lol.

Another part of the problem is that American breads are very sweet also, which will war with the flavour a little.

Definitely worth trying, but you just want a light brown transparent film for your first go. It'll taste salty, and savoury.:thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG Mike, that was hysterical! Thanks, made me LMAO!

Wish I had seen this when I still had my Vegimite, cause I was doing it ALL wrong!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: :rof: :rof: Ohh Mikey mate , that is pure gold & post of the century :thumbup: That video is going viral dude , im telling you we are going to see it on ACA or Sunrise or something next week :rof: :rof:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMGosh Mikey, this cracked me up! I might try the other package I have tomorrow. The first one sat on the counter for 2 days before I just chucked it. Seems a bit more manageable with that thin of a layer.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! You idiot Mikey! :D

Humpy's right though, it could go viral!

I think part 2 in theseries, should investigate alternative uses for Vegemite, like on Weet-Bix, etc...

Nice one, thanks for the laughs!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought of that last night, but it was about 4AM, and I couldn't be bothered...lol...ditto subtitles for the Australian impared.:D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words. Thought I'd try to make it entertaining:D.

Vegemite has a savoury flavour, all its own. Most spreads are sweet, so part of the problem for the un-initiated is the surprise. They wad a huge clump on their finger and taste it...lol...mouth puckers up like a cats backside...lol.

Another part of the problem is that American breads are very sweet also, which will war with the flavour a little.

Definitely worth trying, but you just want a light brown transparent film for your first go. It'll taste salty, and savoury.:thumbup:

I have it down and it's a good taste. It's made from veggie yeast so if you've never had yeast it'll surprise you a little. I like the saltiness of it. It's not overly salty, just right. I toasted some "Food For Life" cinnamon raisin bread put a swath of Vegemite on, 2 slices of Jarlsberg cheese and a swath of Veganaise. Killer eats! It works great!

After you eat your Vegemite sanga You'll also have a better chance of surviving wrestling a crocodile! :eek::rockon:

Great video Mike!

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have it down and it's a good taste. It's made from veggie yeast so if you've never had yeast it'll surprise you a little. I like the saltiness of it. It's not overly salty, just right. I toasted some "Food For Life" cinnamon raisin bread put a swath of Vegemite on, 2 slices of Jarlsberg cheese and a swath of Veganaise. Killer eats! It works great!

After you eat your Vegemite sammy You'll also have a better chance of surviving wrestling a crocodile! :eek::rockon:

Great video Mike!

Raisin toast, with vegemite! Yummo! Oh and by the way, i reckon it's "Vegemite Sanga", not "Vegemite Sammy" in Australia! :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After you eat your Vegemite sammy You'll also have a better chance of surviving wrestling a crocodile! :eek::rockon:

Great video Mike!

This is an important skill if you kayak and drink Solo......lol.:BLAA:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3Rma_9J3w&feature=related]YouTube - Solo Man ad, Australia 1995[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! You idiot Mikey! :D

Humpy's right though, it could go viral!

I think part 2 in theseries, should investigate alternative uses for Vegemite, like on Weet-Bix, etc...

Nice one, thanks for the laughs!!!!

Yeah and added to that I think it's really cool to have something like that to share. I never knew what the Vegemite sandwich was in the song. Then heard the Aussies here on the forum talking about it and thought I'd give it a whirl. Glad I did. Just wish I had something unique to our area in my cupboard I could share......Hmmmm......:rolleyes:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Should of posted this before...but if you lot havent already done so...chuck some rep Ozzieboys way people....if ever there was a rep worthy post, the OP in this thread is worth plenty!!!!

Last edited: