Vacuum Pipes - Fitting Scottoiler

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to fit a scottoiler onto my FZ6N but don't know how to find the vacuum pipes that I need to use.

I have checked the manual and the scottoiler own instructions but I guess I a noob to grasp it. A nice picture showing the vacuum pipes would do me good. A nice picture with a fitted scottiler on the vacuum pipes would be priceless.

By the way I have trawled this forums but couldn't find anything (especially one with pictures)

Thanks

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
From looking at the workshop manual if you remove the Seat, Fuel Tank and Air Filter Case you will find 4 vacuum tubes which have blanking plugs in them.

dblaze

Reaction score
Visit site
I fitted a scottoiler to my FZ6 S2 a couple of weeks ago you will need to undo the fuel tank & pivot on the hinge toward the rear of the bike but not too far because of the pipes on the underside of the fuel tank there are two end capped breather pipes each side of the engine tucked under the fuel tank with the fuel tank raised you should have enough room to access the breather pipes it's a little fiddly but beats removing the fuel tank.
Hope this helps

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all. I will try this over the weekend. I need to fit this before the horrendous english weather gets worse with the rain forecast come down heavily