Vacation ride, V Star 650

Reaction score
Visit site
I was on vacation last week in Ohio and was able to ride a V Star while there. I was glad to have the transport while visiting, but it made me very glad to have my Red FZ6 when I returned! It was just not my cup of tea! GRUMPY:Sport:Sport:

S

sportrider

I have a friend that had one, he brought it over so I could clean the carbs on it for him. after I was done working on it I took it out for a test ride. I came back and told him "man there's something wrong with it" he asked what I ment, I said " it feels all loaded up" he took it out for a ride and when he came back he was puzzled at what I ment, he said it hadden't ran that good in a long time. I realized I was compairing it to the FZ6 and I was waiting for the thing to start pulling. I was like, ahh nice bike. he sold it a few month later and bought an FZ6.:D

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
When I was looking for my first bike I almost bought a vstar 650. Im glad I got my 85 honda v30. Even though its only a 500, it was much much faster, handled much better, and better looking.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife just got the '08 V Star 650 Custom. Very different, naturally, from the FZ6 but comfortable!

I'm thinking a little jet-action, custom pipes and less air restriction and she'll have a harder time hanging on to it. :D

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Man those things just dont have any motor...

There was a customer that brought her 650 by to have some work done and after a few issues between her, the mechanic and the owner, Dad and I ended up delivering the bike to her. So I rode it to her house with my father leading.

Every time we came to a hill I had to down shift and hold the thing dang near wide open to not slow down going up, and the hills werent that steep.

Now on the contrary, there is a guy who would come in from time to time and him and his wife rode two up on a 650. They went on extended trips together and lets just say that the two of them werent exactly the smallest people either. He had a set of Cobra pipes on it if I am not mistaken. I hated putting them on though, the way they mount up is a pain in the arse..

-bryan