Utah Riders Thread

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be glad to help you do it. I have a Dremel, and I'd be happy to share.
Shoot, for some beer I'd do if for you.

Ha ha! Sweet man! You're a stand up guy :thumbup:

Dang, I hope I still have all the bolts for my windscreen... :p

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's going on everyone. I'm out in Roy. Right now i'm in Iraq and wont be back until early June. Got the wife taking the girl in for some new shoes so it'll be ready to ride when i get back. I also snowboard too and agree Brighton is "the place."
Welcome JR, take care and get home safe!! Which unit are you serving with? I'm in the IMA program (Tooele AFRAT to be specific), have volunteered for a couple short "sand-in-the-boots" tours but haven't been selected yet. We'll definitely have to do lunch when you get back (I'm buyin') and ride down to SL to ride with these other folks. :rockon:

phantomxc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all!

Just letting you know that another Utahn has joined the FZ6(R) Club! I actually live right by the American Fork canyon entrance and I believe I went driving through the same day you did abacall. I can't wait for the Alpine loop to completely open up as I have never been through there. It's sooo beautiful out there.

Heres some crappy pics from my iphone.

Bike01.jpg

Bike02.jpg

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome phantom! Is that pic from the upper lot? That 20 mph bender right before is great! I had to do it a couple of times, a great turn to practice technique on. I've only ridden the loop twice, but it's one of the best roads to ride. It's tight, twisty, and amazing scenery. Just take it easy on there, there are some unexpected sharp turns.

Looks like a UFO on the first pic!:eek:

phantomxc

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the furthest you can go on the Alpine loop right now as the rest is closed. That curve is pretty insane right at the top, almost caught me by surprise. I wish the speed limit was just a little higher though, want to really get into those curves. I only broke the law a few times :)

I think the UFO is lint from my pocket. Phone is usually covered in it.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome phantom! Congrats on the new bike! You'll have to let us know what you think of the R after you've given it a good break-in. Looks sweet! :thumbup:

Brrr...I'm not liking this weather! I just rode in to work and my fingers are a little blue :( Hope it clears up and we can all get together for a ride soon!

JRNATION

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome JR, take care and get home safe!! Which unit are you serving with? I'm in the IMA program (Tooele AFRAT to be specific), have volunteered for a couple short "sand-in-the-boots" tours but haven't been selected yet. We'll definitely have to do lunch when you get back (I'm buyin') and ride down to SL to ride with these other folks. :rockon:

The 75OSS at Hill AFB. We'll defiantly have to get together for sure. It looks like I'll be out here till the end of june now and when i get back were taking a big family vacation to disneyland, so it looks like i won't be able to ride till late july early august. Bummer.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, 42*, brrr... It does look like a great week to ride though, highs in the 60's. My bike's getting the steering head tightened, again. I just didn't feel like taking that apart...
So I probably won't have it this week, sad.:(

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, 42*, brrr... It does look like a great week to ride though, highs in the 60's. My bike's getting the steering head tightened, again. I just didn't feel like taking that apart...
So I probably won't have it this week, sad.:(

Nah, I think you picked a great week to get your bike worked on...it's a cold windy day today, thunderstorms tomorrow and Wednesday :( Lame!

You guys are making me jealous with the American fork pics! I need to go for a good canyon ride...

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Trem, is that you parked in the ACE harware lot on 400S? I always see a red Fizzer there.

Nope, not me. You would spot mine parked at the edge of the ghetto on 700 W during work hours. I work for a great company, but I always worry about my bike being parked in this neighborhood...luckily we have cameras, and cops love to give tickets on this road, so hopefully she will be safe out there ;)

phantomxc

Reaction score
Visit site
Luckily I'm able to park my bike about 20 feet from my desk right outside the window. I've contemplated getting a blow dart gun for the people thinking of sitting on my bike. It's happened more then once where people were walking around and I could see them looking around for anyone watching.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone up for a mid-week ride next week? Great weather should be rolling in after Memorial Day. East canyon just opened and it's killer. The last section is pretty bumpy with some serious frost heaves and road damage, but the rest of it is smooth. I just rode it today.
Otherwise we can always do a quick Big Cottonwood romp. Who's in?

phantomxc

Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in! I get off at work at 3 everyday so I could be up there by 4? I haven't done either of those canyons.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent, now lets get some more people!

07FZ6, you said you wanted to go ride, lets go! Trem, Botch, you in?

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Poop, I'm flying out to FEWarren AFB in Wyoming for the week, need to figure out how to fix some 16,000-lb blast doors in the missile sites. Thanks Abacall for keeping me in the loop, we'll find a good time yet! :thumbup:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Poop, I'm flying out to FEWarren AFB in Wyoming for the week, need to figure out how to fix some 16,000-lb blast doors in the missile sites. Thanks Abacall for keeping me in the loop, we'll find a good time yet! :thumbup:

No problem. Let us know when you can come. I'll be off from work soon, so riding times and days will be flexible.

Are you going to World Superbike at Miller next weekend? I'm coming up from Mesa AZ. this friday.

Not sure anymore. I was planning on it, but a river trip invitation came up and those are hard to pass up.

How does Thursday sound? Should be perfect weather. Emmigration Canyon to East Canyon would be a great ride.

Last edited: