Utah Riders Thread

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Make yourselves known here!

I'm just sitting here at work begrudging the horrible outlook for the weather here in Utah, and I was just thinking that it would be good to get to know the local riders on this forum (if there are any). I just think it would great to have some local connections and possibly meet up sometime for a canyon ride.

So let's hear it! Any fellow Utards on the forum?

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm here! The weather does look crappy for another week.... Oh well, more time to sort out some stuff on the bike.
I'n in SLC, where are you located?

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey abacall. I'm a bit farther up north in Bountiful. Yeah, it's good to have time to get ready, but I'm getting antsy! What are you doing to prep your bike?

I just pulled mine out of moth balls last week and changed the oil. Did it myself for the first time, so I'm pretty proud of myself! :) Got sick of those swine at Full Throttle Yamaha charging me an arm and a leg. I also put some rim stripes on this year, and I'm actually very pleased with the look. I'll have to post some pics...

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a couple small things up my sleeve. I hope to get some stuff done today since we have a little break in the weather. I'll post some pics and details soon.
And don't go to FT. That is that absolute worse place I have delt with. I actually like the Suzuki dealer on 23S and Main. Good people and have good prices. They actually price matched a rear BT21 for me, and install was free. They also have a much better selection of gear.
Glad to have someone else here to ride with. There's another member in Utah that should be joining the ranks soon.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check them out. Yeah Full Throttle has got to be the worst dealership I have ever been to. I've never felt so marginalized as a customer. Funny story, I actually saw them roll a customers brand new four-wheeler while trying to load it into their truck. Those guys are idiots.

Did you get out there on Saturday? I went out for a bit, and I'm glad I did...six inches of snow yesterday! And it isn't stopping yet...

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually finished up the project and rode a whilie (4 hours) on Saturday. Looks like it might be a while until we get to go play again.
Here's the project and results...

Where do you go ride? I went up Emmigration , Parley's, and Millcreek canyons. Nice ride, but there's sand and lots of snow melt going across the road. Have to take it really easy, especially with the new tire.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! Nice work on the windscreen...I actually removed mine completely and I love the way it looks. Those are great mods though. I definitely want to get the bellypan sometime soon. Where did you get yours from?

Emmigration is a lot of fun, but I wasn't quite ready to hit the canyons this Saturday...still too cold & wet :p I just rode around town for about an hour. I actually had a lot of fun riding out at antelope island last summer (besides the ticket of course http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/14241-rude-cops-share-stories.html), but it was really great other than the bugs!

We'll have to go for a ride sometime when it heats up again. Maybe get a few more FZ6r's and head up a nice canyon :) I've never been up Parley's on my bike, is it fun? I'm still a little wary of it as I burned out my Subaru's engine last summer going up there. :(

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
It wasn't too bad, you just have to take it easy.
Parley's is OK. Too much traffic for me, and you really have to be cooking to enjoy those curves. But not much is open right now, so you take what you can get.
Poor Subie. That hill is pretty long and steep, I've seen countless people on the side of the road in the summer with their hoods up and steam coming out.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin good for next week!!!! I won't be out this weekend, it's the end-of-the-year-party at Brighton, and that'll mean no time to play on the bike.
But I WILL be going out after work Monday. You should come, 70's!

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I know! The weather forecast is looking downright balmy! :rockon:

Monday night, huh? I have my class that night, but I'll be riding my bike for sure! I'll have to catch you next time! Where are you going? I've been wanting to ride Emmigration...

I LOVE Brighton. Do you snowboard or ski? I love to snowboard, but I've only made it up there once this year. Enjoy the party!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ogdenite here. And thank you Mr. Abacall for alerting me to this thread! I still haven't ridden with any other FZer's, but I feel like I'm finally competent enough to try this year.

Unfortunately, the job is nutso right now. Remember Easter '08 when it came on the news that an organization at Hill AFB accidently shipped some nuclear fuze components to Taiwan? Well, a bunch of folks got fired, my boss was hired to be the new Commander, and last December he offered me the job as his Chief Engineer; I haven't had a weekend off since. :tard: The Inspectors have announced they'll be returning the first week in May, and I'll probably be doing 70-hour weeks until then, but after that I hope to have more time to ride (if I get fired, a 50% chance, I'll have LOTS of time to ride, w00t!).

I'll keep track of this thread, and enjoy the riding!

Hey. You guys didn't stop riding just because of a little snow, did you??? :p I rode at least once each month all winter long!

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Monday night, huh? I have my class that night, but I'll be riding my bike for sure! I'll have to catch you next time! Where are you going? I've been wanting to ride Emmigration...
I'll go again Tuesday! I've been riding Emmigration and Millcreek. Both are short right now, and both are not the best to be really going at it. But it's still a ton of fun to be back on the bike. Let me know how Tuesday sounds.

Unfortunately, the job is nutso right now. Remember Easter '08 when it came on the news that an organization at Hill AFB accidently shipped some nuclear fuze components to Taiwan? Well, a bunch of folks got fired, my boss was hired to be the new Commander, and last December he offered me the job as his Chief Engineer; I haven't had a weekend off since. :tard:

Wow. Sorry to hear. But in this economy it's great to have a job. I hope things slow down a bit soon. It would be great to get out.

I LOVE Brighton. Do you snowboard or ski? I love to snowboard, but I've only made it up there once this year. Enjoy the party!
I snowboard. I've had season's passes there for over 7 years now. Like a second home.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Botch! I was wondering if you would find your way over here! :thumbup: Sorry to hear about the job pressure, I hope it works out!

Abacall, my weeknights are pretty crazy (my weekends are too actually :() so I can't make it tonight. I'm stuck with a bunch of yard work. Gotta get working on that honey-do list sometime! :D Saturdays are usually the best for me. I do ride to work though, so I get my daily ride in most days :D I love riding season!

So you're a Brighton bum, huh? :thumbup: Good man! Honestly, I've never even been to any other resort, and I don't feel a need to! Brighton has everything! Tons of park and a nice pipe, and some seriously sweet trail. I wish I had the funds to get a pass every year!

JRNATION

Reaction score
Visit site
What's going on everyone. I'm out in Roy. Right now i'm in Iraq and wont be back until early June. Got the wife taking the girl in for some new shoes so it'll be ready to ride when i get back. I also snowboard too and agree Brighton is "the place."

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry you couldn't make it today. I ventured out all the way to Alpine. I thought I'd take a look at those roads. They were closed all the way up top, but the ones on the way in were nice. A little wet, a few small rocks here and there, but no sand.
There was a 7 mile portion that was just amazing. Unbelievable turns with great cambered sections you can see through. It was so fun, I lapped it 3 times. The roads were also empty today. Good stuff.
I relaxed a bit a Tibble Fork, and the weather was fantastic. 70* and sunny. I even took a photo for you guys.
IMG_5561.jpg

Looks like we're getting nasty weather again this weekend, but another great day tomorrow and Thursday.

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
What's going on everyone. I'm out in Roy. Right now i'm in Iraq and wont be back until early June. Got the wife taking the girl in for some new shoes so it'll be ready to ride when i get back. I also snowboard too and agree Brighton is "the place."

:welcome:JR.
Look forward to seeing your bike.... Matter of fact, you guys should all post some photos. It would be cool to see your bikes.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, Welcome JRNATION! Hope you have a safe return to the states and can enjoy some good riding this summer :thumbup:

abacall, man I'm sorry I couldn't come yesterday! Sounds like it was a blast. My ride yesterday consisted of fighting traffic too and from work :(

I don't have any that are quite as good as yours, but here are some pics of my baby:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks rad without the screen! Have you considered chopping and painting it?
I rode without mine for a bit, then did the chop. The chop is a bit better for bug deflection and wind noise.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks rad without the screen! Have you considered chopping and painting it?
I rode without mine for a bit, then did the chop. The chop is a bit better for bug deflection and wind noise.

Thanks man! Yeah, ever since I saw yours I've been wanting too...Just don't have the tools to do it! I'll have to take a look at yours in person sometime. I'm also considering converting to naked, but that's undecided at this point and probably won't happen for a year or two :D

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be glad to help you do it. I have a Dremel, and I'd be happy to share.
Shoot, for some beer I'd do if for you.