USPS Rant!!

Sorry buster but priority is 3 - 5 day shipping. I use USPS every day for my eBay business and I have a great deal to say about the USPS. They are definitely shiesters.

For example: they offer HALF the services online as they do in the office. Online is for sure cheaper, if one of those options are the best. Their reps in the offices guide you choose the more expensive method of shipping. If you ship online and you weight input is .1lb or more under the actual measured - they will ship it back to you - via ground delivery, after 3 weeks of processing. You never have to pay for delivery confirmation online, but pay almost 1$ in the store. You can't ship "flat" items first class - such as paperwork or a photographs - which would only cost you $1.64 for 3 day shipping.

But, despite everything I HATE about USPS - they are the fastest, most reliable. Their insurance pays out hands down every time if your logic is legitimate. Their shipping times quick on average - with an occasional misplace that sets your package late 1/20 times.

I used to work for FedEx 3 years, and I refuse to ship through them after seeing operations. I had friends in UPS and heard even worse from them. USPS is mostly automated and is reliable within reason.

But they're still a bunch of gypsy thieves, so I feel your pain.

Back