US recommended insurance coverage

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll have to make a 2015 thread for this but check here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/52873-moto-insurance-rates-2014-usa.html

That's in NJ for basic coverage but I'd imagine trends would remain the same (assuming 2015 they still are) I'll try to update it soon!
Here's my 2015 thread OP: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...7-moto-insurance-rates-2015-usa-nj-basic.html

You have very good coverage levels, from my thread you can see how much I get screwed as a younger guy, and none of that is with collision/comprehensive.

Also it's always good to check out other companies all the time as being and old customer rarely helps your premiums but being a "new" customer does. I juggle back and forth between Progressive and Rider myself.
We have Progressive. I just found out that you can reduce to just liability through the winter months if you aren't riding it. I would recommend it being stored somewhere secure too or leaving the comprehensive just in case. They will schedule certain dates for the coverage reduction and reinstatement for you. You can always call and increase it if you end up riding. We will be insuring 5 bikes really soon and that little savings will help a lot next winter. This winter has sucked so far, so we have actually been riding a lot over the winter. Normally we store them from Mid-November until late April.
Is this true? I always pay it all off in one shot so would that mean they'd credit me back the difference?

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up going with Progressive through USAA in GA. Not much more than Allstate, and I got a better accessory coverage out of the box. Also better property damage coverage.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my 2015 thread OP: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...7-moto-insurance-rates-2015-usa-nj-basic.html

You have very good coverage levels, from my thread you can see how much I get screwed as a younger guy, and none of that is with collision/comprehensive.

Also it's always good to check out other companies all the time as being and old customer rarely helps your premiums but being a "new" customer does. I juggle back and forth between Progressive and Rider myself.

Is this true? I always pay it all off in one shot so would that mean they'd credit me back the difference?

We always pay for the whole year too. I didn't ask the guy how it would work. I assumed they would refund the amount or leave a credit towards the next years premium.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
$20 a month for that much liability and full coverage with low deductibles sounds pretty good. I've always been with Progressive for bikes. When I was in BFE, OR I was adding coverages (I only carry liability, I chose to add med pay) to get above the $75 annual floor so I was actually getting something for my money. Here in MD I'm now paying about $100 for IIRC 30/60 liability.

And yes, it goes up about every year regardless of getting older and anything falling off my record... I switched my cars to them from USAA 4 years ago because they were half the cost for better coverage, but I just switched back in December because USAA was barely more and was cheaper if I made payments instead of lump sum.

The times I've made mid-policy changes with Progressive, they've given me something like a week to pay if it increased the rate, and refunded money to my credit card if it resulted in a credit. If you want to add and drop collision with the seasons, you could get your renewal timed with the end of the season... then start out with low coverage, and bump it up to full coverage (and pay the prorated difference) at the start of the season.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
On my 04 FZ6 I have full coverage with max liability limits, 250k/500k/50k, un/under insured coverage. I pay $18.44 in the state of S.C.

State Farm insures all my bikes, car, truck, and home. The premium fluctuates from time to time, no major increases though.

This space intentionally left blank.