Urgent Turn Signal Wiring Question--Which is + and Ground--Please Help!

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Got her torn apart installing a FE. The stock turn signal wire colors are brown/black for left and green/black for right. Which is + and which is ground? Is black ground? Thanks.....

jazond

KneeDragger in training
Reaction score
Visit site
Have not done the FE kit, so take this with a grain of salt.... But, most of the time I have dealt with 12v, black is negative/ground/common...

Hope that helps. Might want a second opinion but i am 99% sure black is it. Most turn signals, unless you have polarized LEDs, will work if you have it flipped anyway.

By the way, which FE did you get?

Last edited:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Have not done the FE kit, so take this with a grain of salt.... But, most of the time I have dealt with 12v, black is negative/ground/common...

Hope that helps. Might want a second opinion but i am 99% sure black is it. Most turn signals, unless you have polarized LEDs, will work if you have it flipped anyway.

By the way, which FE did you get?

Thanks guys! I wired with black as ground. Since the signals worked either way and I have no electrical experience, I was stumped.

I got the Competition Werkes FE. A little more expensive, but I saw a pic of it between some Givi bags, and wanted to be sure it would go between my new Shad bags. I even emailed them and they indicated the overall width is 12" "in order to keep 9" spacing between the bulbs"--must be a rule? Fits fine, and is actually a couple inches narrower then it needs to be, but that should help somewhat with visibility between the bags. I'll post pics soon.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Get a cheap multimeter.. You will have it for ever and use it way more often than you think.. I still have the same one I bought 13 years ago and its the perfect tool for things that pop up like this...