• Other

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So it's coming down to the wire for the RC, i just bought a 2pc Yamaha leather suit for $400, and now i am thinking on getting a tyre for the rear. I have a SHINKO and i find it a little lose on cornering, so I am looking for a good rear tyre for the RC. I am looking at the battle Axe, metzler, and power pilot. What does everyone think the best tyre i should go for, and, i am looking to take the twisties and hold the ground without raising the SPHINCTER FACTOR?????????

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Craig. Pilot Road 2CT, gives you the harder compound in the middle for the straight stuff, and Pilot Power grip on the sides for the twisties.

If you only ride the twisties, then go the Power's.

:)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Craig and Stumbles, Pilot road 2CT, it's great for the commute, hard wearing in the middle and soft on the edges (for better grip on the twisties) it also has the best "touring" tyre grip in the wet (according to Motorrad) :thumbup:

flashgordon

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm using Dunlop roadsmart which i've had on for four weeks now and done just over 1000 miles mainly commuting, so far so good they feel good in the wet and also on a fast runs.:Flash:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I just had the Pilot Road 2 put on yesterday, - and did close to 600 km on them so far, - It's like getting a new suspension set-up, - now she is like glued to the road!
Should be mentioned that I went from the stock tires to the Pilot, - so it's like replacing wooden half square wheels with a perfectly constructed rubber tire.

rottenkid

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put on a pilot road2 also. Only about 75 miles so far, so no real opinion yet. From what I read, people were getting good mileage out of them , and were very happy with their performance.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, have had Pilot Power 2ct's,, Pilot Road 2ct's, and Dunlop Qualifier RR's on my FZ's, and i reckon the Pilot Road 2ct's are the best option, more than enough grip in sport mode, less likely too square off, than eiother the Qualifier, or power 2ct, when doing boring long distance work non mainly straight roads....

I have a power 2ct sitting in my spare room, that is square as square after touring 2500km's on it, i have a pilot road 2 on my bike right now, that has done 5000km's of touring...lots of straight roads, and it's still round...

If you want outright grip, and really quick warm up time, then the Qualifiers in RR spec are definitely the best IMHO....but dont expect them to last more than 1500km's. The Power 2ct's are somewhere in between the Qualifier and the Road 2'S.

Have also got t say that the Pilot Road 2's are the best tyre i have ever had on a bike for wear, consistency of wear, and amazing grip in the wet.

Just my 2 cents

:thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 PR2 is great, however I am running a Diablo on the rear with a Power up front. Very happy in the twisties, both stick very well.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only Fazer rider in the world using BT-010? Great tyres, good confident handling and pretty good life too.

BT-010.jpg

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a set of Bridgestone BT016's. They have a triple compound, hard center tread, softer tread just off center, and a real soft outer tread for the serious twisties. I've had no problems with these tires and ,so far, I like them a lot. Talk about STICKY! I am a little curious about how many miles I'll get out of them. I don't think I'll get 11,400 miles out of the 016's like I did with my stock Dunlops. But I sure do have a lot more faith in the 016's. That's gotta say something.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using the Bridgestone Battlax BT-021's front and back.

The center of the tires have given me good service but the front tire where the stickier compound is (off the apex) has worn very quickly and I replaced it with a new one yesterday. The back tire is still in great shape. I've been impressed with the 021's and use them pretty aggressively which might explain what seems to be premature wear of the front tire.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, have had Pilot Power 2ct's,, Pilot Road 2ct's, and Dunlop Qualifier RR's on my FZ's, and i reckon the Pilot Road 2ct's are the best option, more than enough grip in sport mode, less likely too square off, than eiother the Qualifier, or power 2ct, when doing boring long distance work non mainly straight roads....

I have a power 2ct sitting in my spare room, that is square as square after touring 2500km's on it, i have a pilot road 2 on my bike right now, that has done 5000km's of touring...lots of straight roads, and it's still round...

If you want outright grip, and really quick warm up time, then the Qualifiers in RR spec are definitely the best IMHO....but dont expect them to last more than 1500km's. The Power 2ct's are somewhere in between the Qualifier and the Road 2'S.

Have also got t say that the Pilot Road 2's are the best tyre i have ever had on a bike for wear, consistency of wear, and amazing grip in the wet.

Just my 2 cents

:thumbup:

You just sold me! lol. That is going to be my next purchase.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
In this month's motorrijder ( Belgian mag ) they tested a lot of performance tire's in the dry and wet.

In the wet the Pilot Power 2CT's where the fastest/best then the Dunlop Qualifier II.
In the dry it was the Dunlop and then the Michelin's.

I would get one of those, I have the PP 2ct's and loving them.

The BT-016 didn't leave a good impression on those guy's.

And I think it is a good objective review ( they collaborated with a french mag and tested on the goodyear test track in france.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so today i bought a new rear tyre, it was the METZLER M3 and it cost $136 mounted and all, i couldn't pass that up.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so today i bought a new rear tyre, it was the METZLER M3 and it cost $136 mounted and all, i couldn't pass that up.

That's what I have too, stock tire on the front. You got a great deal. I was planning to get Conti's but the rear unexpectedly failed NYS safety inspection, so I'll put a few thousand on this and get the Conti set later.

I don't have many miles on the new rear yet and gradually am leaning farther as recommended - seems fine to me so far, no complaints.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have looked at all reviews my self before I decided get a new tyres and after two months of reviews and research I went with Pirelli Diablo Strada tyres. High grip/High Milage tyres. I am glad I did. They are super sticky, loads of grip. I will never get anything other than these tyres as long as own my FZ6.