Two, three or four fingers?

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
....on your levers?

Having hit the Dragon earlier this year I got some pro pics from one of the many photogs. Showed them to a fellow rider friend and the first thing he asked was "You don't use two fingers on your controls?"

After much though I ordered and installed Pazzo shorty levers I have gone from a lifelong 4 fingers on the levers to 2 fingers. I was sort if leary about switching levers as I was not sure if I could adapt.

Now, after a week it feels natural. The short levers, of course, make it all that much easier. I tried 2 fingers on the clutch with the stock levers and it just didn't feel right, and, I was crushing my knuckles!

So how about everyone else? Does the lever affect your choice or have you been one way forever?

I mostly use three fingers on the brake, and switch between two and four on the clutch. Standard length levers. :)

started with 4 on my clutch. No good. I use two now toward the end of the lever and have much better feel. When i rack my knuckle i know i'm pulling in too far. Maybe shorty levers someday.

Two fingers on the clutch and one on the brake. I always have a finger on the brake but don't find it neccessary on the clutch, this may come from riding motocross for many years before street. I highly recommend NOT using four fingers on the ckutch though to keep the best control of your ride.

I'm still fine-tuning my 27" iMac!! The mouse uses 1, 2, or 3 finger gestures!! I use my bike levers like I always have, 4 clutch (or none after 1st), 2 or 3 on brake dep. on conditions!
Today I stepped on a huge piece of GUM with my right foot!! It stuck on my peg without me knowing it til I lifted said foot and I was stuck for a second! People who spit out gum should be SHOT or HANGED or BOTH.

Back