Two Brothers Power Tip Review

PWABO

Reaction score
Visit site
They do indeed. Not by a lot, but does make them a bit more "neighbourhood friendly". Bike still sounds good too, though not as good as without. ;0)

Hope this helps.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Measuring sound pressure is a more complex science to begin with.
It would be hard to measure the specific db difference with different engine displacement at different RPM with the P1 tip but the P1X tip does a good reducing overall sound pressure. Wish I had known that when I bought the P1 tips. Actually I use the P1 now on the SV1000s. I've had the P1X tips on the SV and they really make a marked, easily heard difference.
The P1X has an internal, smaller diameter tube that extends internally in to the exhaust that restricts sound and air volume. The part of the P1X tip that points outward is larger for appearance.

marsman89

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a set of Two Brothers slip on's without tips from a fellow forum rider. They sounded great without the tips, but I didn't want to be "that guy" who wakes everyone up at 6am leaving the neighborhood. Also, pulling up to restauaunts with outdoor seeting made me feel like a jerk because I was just blasting exhaust notes at people trying to talk and enjoy their meals. So I put on the p1x tips. From what I've noticed, there is a significant reduction in DB's at lower revs but you still get that great sound when you're ripping around on the highway. I definately reccomend them for anyone living in the city who is conscientious of other people.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say the M2 cans are "tad obnoxious" w/out a little redirection.

What I don't care for is driveway Zing where video cameras are at point blank range while the bike is tach'd out. The difference from "under load" to no load changes the sound so much its just not fair test.

Here's a ride along with 2bro cans on an 08 FZ6 w/P1X tips. Same recording device in both tracks, this one is minus the main CAT and the ignition is advanced statically over stock which changes the tone.
FZ6 Ride Along

And a driveby - may have been 2nd or 3d gear through an S-turn...
FZ6 Driveby - Canyon Corner

My observation is the Droid HD doing the recording seems to mute pressure waves making it sound MUCH MORE QUIET than it is....

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say the M2 cans are "tad obnoxious" w/out a little redirection.

What I don't care for is driveway Zing where video cameras are at point blank range while the bike is tach'd out. The difference from "under load" to no load changes the sound so much its just not fair test.

Here's a ride along with 2bro cans on an 08 FZ6 w/P1X tips. Same recording device in both tracks, this one is minus the main CAT and the ignition is advanced statically over stock which changes the tone.
FZ6 Ride Along

And a driveby - may have been 2nd or 3d gear through an S-turn...
FZ6 Driveby - Canyon Corner

My observation is the Droid HD doing the recording seems to mute pressure waves making it sound MUCH MORE QUIET than it is....

Connecting more dots....

Two Brothers P1X Review

And adding audio for those wanting more than a Driveway Static Rev! ^^ :thumbup: