Two Brothers Carbon....

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
Found an ad on Craiglist that was too good to pass up...and by too good I mean a pair of Carbon Fiber Two Brothers exhaust, with clamps, and h pipe for ...*hold breathe for dramatic pause* ....$200.00!! It had one scratch on it but its minor and you can't even see it! The guy said it was from a Hyabusa, and when questioned about the Hyabusa has two separate tailpipes instead of having an h pipe he mearly shrugged is shoulders and said it was a buddies :spank: ....riiiggghht. So I was able to talk him down even further. When all said and done I drove away with an almost like new Two brothers exhaust for $130! Now to finish up the week at school and then put it on the bike hopefully this week or next! Pictures and hopefully a video as well! :rockon:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a brand new Two Bros kit off someone on eBay for 500 total. Not nearly as good as your deal, but it was brand new.

The reason I bring it up is because it was also a little "sketchy" The kit came with the CF Two Bros cans, still had the Two Bros CF warranty stickers on them. The usual gold ring on the end was not anodized, but instead was straight stainless. The usual M1 angled out tips were replaced by M2 angled up tips, and the FE kit that was included in the Two Bros box did not properly fit and had to be modified.

All said and done I would say I made out well with a brand new genuine Two Bros CF exhaust, but when I asked the seller about the piecemeal look of the kit, he was unable to provide an answer.

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea this one was a bit sketchy too but hey I got the two cans and thats the big part! Hopefully the h pipe will fit otherwise I may have to do some bending to make it fit

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Got them to school, now to find some shop time and put them on!

Why not just do the install yourself? Fairly straightforward job AND there are several detailed threads on here about the installation with pictures. Hey, ya might even learn something..

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not just do the install yourself? Fairly straightforward job AND there are several detailed threads on here about the installation with pictures. Hey, ya might even learn something..

Oh I will do the install myself but I have to do it between classes and when the engineering room will be open for me to work on it. I have to fabricate a few parts myself like the mounting bracket and an extension for the h-pipe. Its for a different bike so its not quiet long enough to reach back to the decat pipe. I had bought a spare exhaust a few months ago so ill probably tear that one apart cause it'd be cheaper than buying the parts since I already have them :BLAA:

Ill keep you updated, plus I just checked out some AV equipment to do a video! hopefully that will be up late next week :rockon:

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the exhaust on and OH MY GOSH! the difference that those pipes make are astounding! I couldn't believe my ears when I was done putting her back together! :rockon:

So I had to do a little of my own fabrication work, as I mentioned before I didn't have the correct h-pipe but I did however have a spare exhaust, so what I did was cut the exhaust extension off of the old exhaust and then shortened up the new one and connected them onto the bike. It sticks out a little more then I want but for $130 I'm not complaining! I also fab'ed my own bracket and FE extension! I should have that video done next week still so don't worry I'm on it!

Also....So of coarse I finished it up at about 8:40 pm and I just had to take it out for a spin, so Im test driving it and giving it some high rpm's to see what she sounds like ( sounds awesome by the way) and I went and parked my bike by one of the dorm buildings on campus and what do ya know a University Police car stops by and asks, "Is that your bike?" ..... I sighed yea thats my bike and she retorted by saying going a little fast tonight aren't we? Not knowing if she saw me or not so I explained the situation that I had a new exhaust and I was really excited and got a little jumpy on the throttle even though I knew it was a 10mph zone on campus.... so I found out soon after while we are talking that she has a motorcycle and rides it to work and then she explains a problem that had with the bike and I told her I could fix it for her, she said "If you can fix I bike Im going to let you off with a warning tonight." ......SCORE! lol so we parted ways and I thanked her and now next week I'm fixing a bike for a Police officer :rolleyes:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work man! You got the same angled up tips that I have on mine opposed to the normal angled out ones. In my opinion, it looks way better that way anyway.

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
They are good looking pipes, one thing I noticed is that on the inside of one of the tips are chunks of what look to be burnt on carbon...not sure if you or anyone else has seen it or what I can do about it

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm active on a Home Theater/High-End Audio forum, and any time a member gets a new Anthem pre-amp, Oppo bluray disc player, or set of DynAudio speakers, the rest of us all give him a heartfelt "Congrats! You Suck!" :BLAA:

In light of the fantastic deal you got, and maybe to start a new FZ6 Forum tradition,
Congrats! and...

50316_75612186455_5415046_n.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh, and, was the cop cute? ;)

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
HAAA!!!! Thats awesome!

...Yea about the cop....Im 21 and she was in her late 50's and I'm not much of a cougar fan so Im going to say no on the cuteness part lol